Z axis height adjustable legs or drop bed

If I want to use this machine mostly for 2.5 d cutting on 1 inch hardwood, but at times need a 3d printer, can i make the Z axis 8 inches but with short legs and replace them with longer legs when needed or a drop center table and still be able to have a ridged system. Or just make two setups and keep one dedicated to s specific task?

I would look more into the 8" thing. I have only ever done that one time and it was just to see if I could print the full volume, 4.5" is the tallest I ever print and that is a much more reasonable number for multi use.

If you get one extra stepper you could just make a complete 2nd z-axis and just replace it when you need to print.

Or you could make an MP3DP once you have the ability to cut out the parts on your MPCNC.

1 Like

That sounds like a good idea is there a total on parts from the store for this? Can all the parts be cut with the MPCNC? or just the flats?

@mmmmfishtacos was trying to ship some spare MP3DP printed parts to someone who would use them to make more. I don’t know if that went anywhere. You might ask him. IDK if there are any other still printing them for sale.

I’m not sure hoe tagging works. Maybe that’s not the right amount of mmmm
@mmfishtacos
@mmmfishtacos
@mmmmfishtacos
@mmmmmfishtacos
@mmmmmmfishtacos

If this doesn’t work, I’ll have to look it up.

I still have most of the set. I used a few pieces on my new build. I can send them if you want. But know you’ll probably have to reprint them.

But if you don’t want the hassle ryan has the parts on the store now.

Thanks but I will guilt my nephew into printing them for me in exchange for some laser time :slight_smile:

Lasercoin? The new anonymous currency?

Yes its the Bright point in my wallet :slight_smile:

what you describe is similar to this thing

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1969520

Any opinions on this thing?

2 Likes

That is exactly what i was thinking thank you and cmidgley I think i will add this to my build.

If you try it, please post back to this thread. I would love to hear how it worked for you.

I will do that:-)