Yet Another New MPCNC Build (Rochester, NY)

Greetings from Western New York! I am embarking on my first MPCNC build, and am documenting the process - hopefully not making too many mistakes :joy: - on my video channel. I will post the videos here as they go live, as well as any questions I have as I move along. I welcome any help and suggestions as I procede through the build. I am doing my best to keep my expectations realistic, as I explain in my first video which will go live this Saturday, August 7 2021. Cheers and thanks to Ryan for making this “little retirement project” possible! :grin:

5 Likes

Very neat!

This is the link to the channel, from Ron’s profile:

Very exciting.

2 Likes

Thank you! I hope the result of my build is very neat. Not sure how exciting I want it to be though. :joy: (Exciting with a LASER cutter usually involves fire. :wink:)

2 Likes

I get excited from parts cut by robots using light energy. Even without the :fire: . :sunglasses:

2 Likes

As promised, I posted my first video on this build. :crossed_fingers: that it will be a successful project. And if not, will at least hopefully teach us something. :wink:

Video link

(edited to include link, vid wasn’t working on my end)

4 Likes

Thanks for the edit @vicious1

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, Ron! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!

I have achieved legs! (I feel like this is a major milestone. :joy:)

2 Likes

“Done with the Base!”

1 Like

(Yes, I know it’s lame, but I am fully authorized to make Dad Jokes. Don’t try this at home.)

3 Likes

I hope you were born with two legs already! (I can do dad-jokes as well. :P)

1 Like

1 Like

Back to work on my MPCNC today. Progress so far…

(Also, there will be another video this Saturday on the build before today.)

3 Likes

Great progress, very clean!
What tabletop is that? It looks very sturdy.

It’s 3/4" MDF painted with chalkboard paint. Sitting on an old desk with non-slip shelf-liner sandwiched between.

2 Likes

Also, thank you @Cobalt. :slight_smile:

1 Like

4 Likes

My second video is posted:

Link to Video Page

1 Like

In Today’s video (#3) I complete the mechanical construction of my MPCNC! Assembly went well and I’m looking forward to doing the electronics next. :grin: Then figuring out the software - ok I might not be looking forward to that part. :wink: (It’s so hard not to abandon all the other things I need to do - especially with my daughter’s wedding in less than 2 weeks - to work on this but patience is a virtue!)

Link to Video Page

2 Likes