X Axis Wires are determined to get run over

My X Axis wires are determined to get run over by the router. One time they got successful and I had to jump to pull the plug. The wire wrap and the dupont connectors melted onto the router bit + collet and got real nice and wrapped up. A few other times I’ve had enough time to yank them back into a good spot well away from the plate.

So… What are some routing strategies for the X-Axis wires? Currently I try to run them up from the motor and through a couple of rings attached to my vacuum hose. I think I’m getting close to safe but I definitely don’t trust it yet.

I assume the tape measure trick works for the Low Rider as well…

3 Likes

I attached mine to the vac hose, which I have managed to get coiled up on itself just like Ryan had in his first pictures.

1 Like

Oh that tape measure idea looks real tempting. I’m going to try that and see how it goes.

The tape trick works really well. I use it on my own lr2. I tied it about at its midpoint to the angle piece and it’s been absolutely problem free since day one.

2 Likes

I designed this for my lowrider.

1 Like

I tried several things but settled on the tape measure trick with Dan’s mounts. Works well.

1 Like

Love it, thank you everyone!

I remixed Dan’s tape measure trick model to use cable chain. I couldn’t get the tape measure to play well.

I haven’t had the time to post the remix yet though. Maybe I’ll do that tonight.

See my post on Lowrider 2 X axis cable chain