X and Y axis in gantry is 1 degree out of square. Too much to break in?

You can say many things about in-laws, but I won’t complain about mine! (at least not for the moment)

My father-in-law had many meters of 25 mm stainless steel tubes laying, and a steel cutting chop saw that I could borrow.

So now I have new tubes, that are very close to perfectly round. I’ve made cuts and tried out in the gantry. But sigh… the gantry axises are still pretty badly out of square.

The printer is decently aligned and prints on size.

The threads and bolt openings are now smooth, so that the tension bolts run freely from head to nut on the bolt.

The tension bolts are tightened as much as I dare (and loose on the opposite sides).

Still - the axises are approximatly 1 degree out of square. It shows with a bare eye, and I’m doubting if breaking it in will do it! Are there any other things I can try? I guess I should just go ahead - and see how it ends up after using it for a while.

Have you screwed down the corner feet? I had them exact with a jig measured off the corners of a factory square 48" board. That made my build very square.

The out-of-square-ness between x and y axis is present both when I have the center section loose from the frame, and when I place it on the rollers.

I have checked the xy parts again, and they seem to be sliiiightly out of square at this corner:

[attachment file=114340]

Is this angle supposed to be perfectly square?? I meticulously tried to get the printer to be perfectly square in all directions and thought that I got it. But now I realize that I perhaps missed just a little on this point… When both xy parts are a liiittle skewed from being square - added together they double the out of squareness!

What about printing the xz part turned 180 degrees on the table? Would that even out potenial misalignment??