Wobbly problem with X and Y axis

Good afternoon everyone, I present my problem.

This is my first time building a mpcnc.

Everything has been correct up to this point, I have assembled everything following the guide, and the legs are all square with an error of ±1mm.

The tube is 25.4, I have tried to put a rubber or something between the tube and the clamp so that it makes some force and does not move and I have not succeeded.

In the x and y axis, I have a movement that I do not know how to solve, both clamps are tight, and I can not get the carriages to go even, I tried to adjust them with the adjustment bolts but they move a lot.

The tube is 25.4 mm , I have tried to put a rubber or something between the tube and the clamp to make some force and not move and I have not succeeded.
I don’t know what else to look at or do.

The machine has a size of about 100x100x30 cm, I know it may be a little big but the tube has a large wall so it does not bend the tube.

I attach a video so you can see the problem

Ok I just saw that I can’t add video because I’m a new user.

What size printed pieces did you use - C, F, or J?

@Gonzalo , Maybe a couple photos would help until you’re able to upload a video. The site normally eases up on the restrictions after a few posts once it thinks you’re not a bot/spammer.

In the meantime you should check your parts for any cracks from possible over tightening. I had a similar sounding issue on my build and it turned out to be cracked core clamps.

You can’t upload videos here anyway. Are the core clamps the problem?

Good morning, thank you for your replies.

I have uploaded 4 photos to try to make it as representative as possible.

The problem in question is that you can move a carriage of an axis without problem, and the other remains fixed, only the tube inside the clamp moves.

In the two called left, you can see the tube inside the clamp in two positions, when the right truck is moving between the two lines.

While the left truck remains stationary, the right truck can be seen through the two stripes, the area where I can move the truck, being the other side stationary.

Thanks.
Right side 2
Right side 2

Right side 1
Right side 1

Left side 1

Left side 2

I disassembled the whole system and reassembled it thinking it could be that and I didn’t see anything.

Problem video.zip (4.0 MB)

Perfect, now i can upload the video.

Hmm. I haven’t noticed that issue. Have you measured the tubes with calipers or micrometers to verify that they are actually 25.4mm? Have you verified that your printer is calibrated? Also are the tubes clamped well to the trucks or can you rotate or slide them in and out?

I know some people have had issues with their tubes not being round, so you can try to rotate the tubes to see if they fit better.

Note that each side/truck will be driven individually. So the motion should be correct after the steppers are engaged and you have homed your machine as long as the tubes don’t slide within the clamps.

Sorry I don’t have a more clear recommendation.

I just checked with the caliper and the tube is 25.2 mm, I added a couple of turns of tape in the area where it touches the clamp and it doesn’t seem to move as much anymore.

Now the problem is that the truck has these movements when the stand is stopped, since the tube is a little smaller than it should be, maybe that’s why it can move, being that the tube is firmly attached at both ends.

As long as the tubes are well clamped by the trucks, (i.e., you cannot rotate the tube or pull them out) I don’t believe there is any other problem. Since the clamp is only 20mm or so wide, it is not difficult to cause bending when moving the opposite side. Your larger size build will exaggerate this as well. When the motors are running together this is no longer an issue and using dual endstops will fix the squaring.

Watch the video i made in this link.