VEVOR 10.1" HDMI LCD Digital Microscope for Soldering Electron Microscope only $14.99 ?!

I just ordered this. Crazy low price. I know it is something I will use, as I have repeatedly been in a position where I wished I had something like this. It’s showing at 90% off — for logged-in member discount price: currently showing as only $14.99, discounted down from a list price of $142.99. I’ve previously bought from Vevor on various things and have been decently happy with the products. Caveat: I don’t have this in hand yet, but at this price the availability probably won’t last long, so I wanted to go ahead and mention it.

Non affiliate link:

Affiliate link

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @DougJoseph. That’s crazy cheap! I also have gotten several things from them and haven’t had any issues yet.

1 Like

Well, it can’t possibly be an electron microscope. They must mean electronics microscope. The big thing for something like this is latency. It needs to be pretty low (less than 100ms or so). I ordered it anyway. If it doesn’t work for soldering, maybe the kids can look closely at some bugs.

2 Likes

Sadly the Aus price includes $150.00 worth of shipping - good catch though @DougJoseph

The 4 inch version is quite affordable. Is it too small???

It can connect to a computer! No need for big screen! :exploding_head:

If you are going to provide your own screen, there are a lot of phone/microscopes available I guess you get what you pay for - but I have often been tempted.

Temu link - but all the usual suspects have them.

1 Like

Mine came today. It is charging. I didn’t realize it has a battery. It is pretty nice (although it hasn’t turned on yet). The build quality is much nicer than the USB microscopes I’ve bought before. I am in danger of losing it to my wife/kids for science projects.

Ok. This is cool. Definitely going to be useful for soldering.

These are my very fine point tweezers (they are like two needles). The board is the rp2040 board Ryan made to fit in the esp32 slot on the jackpot.

This has 5x digital magnification on a bit of old lettuce.

Latency is really good. This is going to be awesome.

5 Likes

A video from the machine itself:

The tip of a 3D printed sword (not my print, don’t judge. It looks fine IRL).

2 Likes

These are nice, but its very hard to solder in 2d. It takes some practice. I use mine for mostly inspection after soldering it

1 Like

Mine just got here too

The dogs are not interested lol

1 Like

I don’t do a ton of soldering. We had those neat binocular microscopes at work. This is plenty good enough for my home soldering though.

My kids are spoiled. I would have loved using something like this as a kid. They are meh.

My kids are the same way. Its just normal to them LOL

1 Like

We had a similar thing a while back that was a screen and camera setup. It was fine at first, but it got pretty frustrating and fatiguing to use quite quickly. Since then we’ve had Mantis viewers at work, and I have a wide-FOV binocular microscope at home.

I’m not sure I’d enjoy working under it long term or for the majority of things, but then again I only use the viewer and microscope for specific tasks anyway.

Honestly, anyone soldering anything small for assembly should be using paste and a stencil these days, so that would inherently limit this to rework, inspection etc.

3 Likes

Well I received the Vevor “special offer” email today so I clicked on the link and the price was…

$214.99 AUD

:rage: :rage: :rage:

But I am trying to be happy for all of you! :woozy_face:

2 Likes

So cool! Mine has not arrived yet, but I’m so glad to hear that it is performing well. Can’t believe what a great price these were sold for.

1 Like

the video is impressive.

I can see that. Most of the time my need of something like this had nothing to do with soldering. I can sure this being helpful to inspect.

Looks great! How does things look on maximum magnification?

1 Like

Man, i did not buy and now i wish i had!!!

1 Like