Truck squaring issue

Hey,

I’m building a primo right now and up to this point, everything had been flawless and square, but now I’m at the part where I temporarily installed the gantry rails and measuring distance from trucks to corner, I do have quite a difference between the two, 1/8" - 3/16" on both axis I’d say.

I played with the bearing bolts, but it doesnt make much difference, in fact, it doesnt seem to do anything at all. If I move the assembly by the gantry rail, it moves really freely, but one side touches the corner before the other. but with very little force, both sides touch and I can square it pretty easily, but I can’t have it stay this way.

I think my trucks are well fitted on the tubes, and move very freely, without any play and my corners are perfectly square, but for some reason, the trucks don’t exactly align.

I’m thinking when the limit switches will bottom, everything will line up and the motors will then keep everything square, but the instructions say there shouldn’t be more than a 1mm gap, so I’m a bit concerned about that.

Any idea what could be wrong and how to correct it ?

Thanks!

The endstops will get everything square for you. The motors will hold it square. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. The main thing is to get your diagonals from corner to corner to within a mm.

1 Like