Tool List vs. Parameter Set

I’m not seeing ‘roll-over’ help when I move my mouse over the ‘Parameter’ field within the Tool List. I just get a ‘Parameter Set:’ response.

Can someone try to clearly explain the difference between the ‘Tool List’ and the ‘Parameter Set’ within the Tool List?

I’m trying to organize my bits and also see the potential for organizing my settings for the bits depending on the material I use.
I’ve been saving the tool list for the different settings and naming the tool list with the material name, but I now :man_facepalming: noticing this thing called ‘Parameter Set’. It seems like I’ve created some, but I don’t remember doing that. Is that what this is for? I can create a new Parameter Set for different types of material (as an example)?

Is there a way I can copy/move settings from one Tool List (ie: feeds and speeds I saves under a different tool list file) to my ‘main’ tool list? I see that once I create a new tool, it propagates through the other defined Parameter Sets, allowing me to change the settings for that ‘set’.

Thanks.
The more you know, the more you get out of the software :grimacing:

I do know that each tool in the list has more options that can be accessed by clicking the wrench icon in the left side of each. Does that help?

Thanks. Yes, the wrench icon opens up a means of putting in more details about a bit and the Trochoidal settings. I’m talking about the Parameter Set in the upper right corner of the screen shot. It seems to be a way to keep different settings of the bits for any defined material you label. I didn’t see any description to indicate that and wanted to see if any user here knew if that is the case.

English subtitles file:
Crashkurs Estlca.zip (6.8 KB)
Unzip it and place in same folder as the video file that you download.

Downloading can be done with aTube Catcher (free software)

1 Like