TFT35 firmware for cnc?

You said to ignore the top 4, but the movement and em stop are used? It’s more the heat/fan and unload that are useless.
Is there a way I could change the “heat/fan” to maybe a home button, and the unload to maybe something else?

Where would I edit them?

Should we start a petition to try and get Bigtreetech to push cnc firmware? Maybe it might get Bigtreetech’s attention as there is a demand for it?
Maybe with your contacts at btt you could push this through as well and show them that there is a demand for this?

Exactly.

Yes, but the TFT firmware is considerably more complicated than Marlin so it has been done several times but never maintained because it is a lot of work. No one has gone far enough to make it something BTT would be interested in.

It is on BTT’s github.

The best chance it doing it yourself and submitting a PR. Again, I am not able to do it at this time, I am not that good with that sort of programming.

They will not do it for you/us.

Nope, it is very hard to get even real fixes for huge issues pulled through when someone does put in the work. It is just so complicated, any small change has the possibility of making it worse. We still have 3D printer issues with the screens with a fix sitting there as a pull request all they need to do it hit one button and last I checked they had not done it.

1 Like

But…
Becuase I did not like that sort of thing we made our own.

1 Like

So just thought I’d put it out there, has anyone made a cnc version with the update firmware they are willing to share :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.
Maybe we can make a seperate thread that we can all kinda maintain it? I love the jackpot, but when I got 2 skr pro’s prior to the jackpot last thing I wanna do is start changing controllers when I kinda got used to the one.

And maybe in the thread we can have some sort of dummies guide so everyone can kinda pitch in.
Like I’m happy to work on it, I know some basic coding but I don’t know where to start when it comes to this.

Thats the problem. Anyone that knows how to do it is too busy with their own stuff to continue to mess with it. And the rest of us have either gotten used to it or moved on to the jackpot. I ran with the SKR for a long time and never once bothered me that there were 3d printer stuff on the screen. I just learned my way around the menus and it was easy. But I also have no experience with “normal” cnc function or control. So that may be part of why it didnt bother me at all. Not at all trying to say you are wrong for wanting it different. I just think that has come and gone for a lot of guys once they figured out just how much of a PITA it was to change and maintain. If you decide to continue on i will forsure be reading along to try and learn something and i wish you the best of luck

1 Like

I literally can’t figure it out, it isn’t something that is easily taught. And if we did get it BTT would probably not pull it it so every time they ran an update it would have to be done all over again.

Some were using a very old version but there have been major bugfixes since then and they are not recommended as they had random crashes.

Seriously, just ignore the three buttons we do not use and nothing else would be different. See the custom button…that has my code in it, you can very easily add your own. It is significantly less work and more enjoyable just to ignore three buttons.

1 Like

I have tried to pay people to do it and no one was willing to do it even for pay. It is nothing like Marlin.

Several of us spent a bunch of time making it really cnc friendly. We had everything laid out well. We used that version of firmware for a long time. But BTT kept changing the firmware and we got to the point where we couldn’t merge the two anymore.

Then BTT had a new hardware version and only the new firmware worked on it. So we had to start over.

The second time, I only did things that weren’t intrusive to the firmware and got my changes merged up stream. This was basically turning off the errors when there was no extruder. Dinner BTT had these changes, we won’t get out of date.

We could go farther, making the cnc flags do more. But I don’t think the juice is worth the squeeze. It is really important to me that the changes I make end up upstream, or we will get out of date again. Upstream is mostly printer users.

The code is above average C code. They have some fancy tricks for supporting 20 languages. The menu system makes sense once you learn it. But it is hard to grasp. Much more than an arduino project. Not any more complicated than a full project in C.

1 Like

I might take a look into it.
I did programming in c, c++ c- , java etc but that was many years ago (20+ years ago)and I’ve left that industry.
So this will really get my brain ticking and refreshing the memory.
Looks like I will have to bring out the books again to help jog my memory lol
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
But I won’t make any promises. At the same time, I’m in talks with a Bigtreetech engineer in regards to aiming the skr not only for the 3D printing market but also the cnc one as this will up their sales(I say this to hopefully get the ball rolling on their side).
That cnc makers are beginning to steer away if not change controllers based on the firmware updates not aimed at the cnc market.
Hopefully, but I doubt like Ryan said, but hopefully this make give a wake up call for them?:man_shrugging:t2:
No harm trying

1 Like

It’d be interesting if the path from one individual through that BTT engineer yields results better than direct discussions between BTT and a reseller like Ryan who buys their boards in batches of hundreds (?) at a time.

Are you a reseller or distributor of BTT product?

If you can get something that works I will do what I can to reinforce it from my side. They can be very fickle. Sometimes they are receptive, others times they are not.