TFT35 firmware for cnc?

Does it show any other custom entries?

These are the standard custom entries. Your ini file is not active. Please try again.

What do I try again?
How do I make it active?

Please copy your ini-file onto the SD card (again) and reboot.

A couple of questions:

• Does the new menu show up?
  • Have the extensions of the folder ‘TFT’ and the firmware file changed to *.cur?

Ahhh I think that’s the problem, I updated everything and uploaded my own config.Ini file but it was cur.
Will retry it with all of them being Not Cur lol

Problem solved!
You are a champion!
PS. I think your firmware is perfect

Glad you got it to work!

As much as I would love this, the only way to make any firmware edits not in the standard config file manageable are to get BTT to add them to the main firmware. We don’t need updates very often but if and when we do I do not have the ability to maintain all the edits to all the screens and boards.

The way to get this to happen would be to add a standard config option for something like “CNC or 3D printer?” That would trigger your edits. If it is unobtrusive and done well BTT will pull them in. Then maintenance is a non issue. That is how we did things like dual endstops on all the axis, and Jamie got joystick controls in Marlin.

One off edits are great but we really need to get something into the main repo.

1 Like

Hi @azab2c, I’ve just forked the V1 TFT repo: GitHub - Avatario34/BIGTREETECH-TouchScreenFirmware at CNC_Version

The branch ‘CNC_Version’ contains all my changes and is based on V1’s adaptions to the orginal BTT version.

Would be great if you could take a look, as I said I am not too familiar with Github (yet)

1 Like

Nice! Thanks for sharing @Avatario! Digging through the changes you made is helpful for folks looking to understand what’s involved to customize TFT firmware code, and helpful to folks looking to ramp up on contributing. Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks for checking!

I am too stupid to even download stuff from github… :smiley:

2 Likes

You are not alone :smiley:

1 Like

@Gianpaolo, has my amended TFT software worked for you?

I’m sorry, but I haven’t installed it yet because I’m correcting some errors in the mechanical assembly.
I think I’ll make it next week. As soon as I’m done I will report back.
As you may have understood I’m not familiar with the FW and therefore I tend to postpone.
Thanks a lot anyway.

Hi Christian, I finally managed to upload your FW to the TFT.
Now the screen is perfect and very intuitive.
I tried leveling on the touch plate and saw that the tool descends to contact and stops there, without re-descending at the lowest speed.
Is this correct?
Thanks a lot for your work.
In the next few days I will try to make some chips, I just have a little project in mind, if it suits me I will post some pictures

1 Like

Hi Gianpaolo,
Great that it works for you! And yes, it is correct, the tool stops right above of the touchplate and does not retract. I can change this for you if you like. How many mm should the tool move up again after touching the plate?

Unless you are leveling the gantry, this should be done is the starting gcode for your project, not the screen menus. If you are leveling, the gantry is best to let it stay and read the current position since you will not be resetting the coordinates.

Thanks Christian, but don’t worry, I just wanted to know if that was correct.
For the movements I will use the initial part of the Gcode configuring it in Estlcam so I can easily correct it if necessary.
Now I have a lot to learn about my new LR which requires a different approach than the MPCNC I’m used to.
Thanks to Ryan for the wonderful projects and documentation.

1 Like

Hi Christian, if i have the latest version of the board firmware on my SKR pro, do I actually need to change any code in marlin to make your tft work properly, or should it just work (release_Frank), or do i use the Github-Avatario34… version(Jan 22)?
Thanks for your help,