TFT Update now "No Printer Attached"

Phew, at least. Thanks for confirming!

2 Likes

any M420 error?

Dang that could be why I was having such a huge issue with one of my printers at first. I flashed the screen probably 5 times to finally get it to stick. I think I ended up flashing the config separately. Hmmmmm.

not that i have seen yet. This may not be relevant to this but earlier i tried to do a PID tune on the hotend and bed. hot end worked no problem but the bed as soon as i hit go it aborts. I havent tried it yet after this update but it may not have anyting to do with that anyways.

I don’t think the PID is enabled for the bed.

Can you please do us a favour and fire up your LR3 with the updated firmware. Switch to tft mode (not Marlin mode) and home your LR3. Does that work as expected?

That would be a good reason why it aborts LOL

I did try moving it earlier but didnt home. Give me a few and ill report back

Ok I fired it up in TFT mode and hit home all. Everything homed as it normally does but after homing Y i got this…

1 Like

How the heck. Mine do not do that. How can it be different.

Let me reflash and try again.

I understand this statement more than you know LOL.

Great, thanks. You helped us confirming a bug.

Just reflashed my only printer not running and no error.

Just glad i can help!

1 Like

Error was on my LR3 not the printer. I homed the printer after getting the error on the LR3 and it had no error

Odd.

It has to be a leftover from flashing the wrong firmware first. If I am not mistaken you flashed the plain firmware before mine?

Just to drive that point home, here is how they flash fresh out of the box.

If I flash them again the background is black and right side up. Something must be getting left behind from different flashes.

On my LR3 this is the first and only flash i have done. Screen came from you when i ordered the build kit. I have homed in TFT mode on that machine before and dont remember ever getting the M420 message before but I cant be certain. Should i try and flash it again with the CNC firmware and see if i still get the message?

I just updated a TFT, and had to reset the baud rate. Not too bad.

What I’m sad about is now I can’t light the knob LED lights any more. The older firmware let me set the knob LEDs to different colours, but the new firmware does not.

Mine changes all kinds of colors. Lights up with the heat cycles as well. Dont remember if it did that before the update or not.

With the V2 that I put up today, or on a CNC?