TFT SD Card sort order on Cut menu

If you do not have the tft35 or the one other tft with a knob then you don’t have both modes.

Well… my problem is not about the mode (or is it!?) I just want to list the files with the most current file at the top of the list. Here’s a few pix:

I vaguely remember a setting in the config for the sorting of files.

Top pic shows my hardware, which I’m assuming you recognize! :slight_smile:
The next two show my CUT menu, selecting the TFT SD, and then the list. It’s this list that USED to be sorted with my latest projects on top. Now, somehow, the are in seemingly random order.

Am I making sense? Hope that helps

Hey Jeffeb3. Thanks for joining! So… I did look through the whole config.ini file, and although there are a few items about listing, there’s not one about sort order. It’s entirely possible that I simply don’t have it in this config.ini… Maybe someone knows the right variable to use?

I don’t have the screen in front of me. There are screen settings you can do from the screen itself. That is where I remember seeing it.

Here’s the few “list” things I do have in config.ini (I hand selected these - this isn’t ALL I have in here):

#List View Border Color
list_border_color:15

#List View button background color
list_button_bg_color:15

#### File List Mode
# show file as list
# Options: [enable: 1, disable: 0]
files_list_mode:1

#### Long File Names Support
# On Marlin Firmware, The TFT will autodetect Long File Name supported
# Auto-detect is not available for other firmwares like Smoothieware
#Options: [enable: 1, disable: 0, auto-detect: 2]
long_filename_support:1

And other stuff that might be important:

#### Default Mode
# Options: [0:Touch Mode, 1: Marlin Mode]
default_mode:0

#### Onboard / Printer SD Card Support
# On Marlin Firmware, The TFT will auto detect Onboard SD Card
# Auto-detect is not available for other firmwares like Smoothieware
#Options: [enable: 1, disable: 0, auto-detect: 2]
onboard_sd_support:2

I looked there, too, Jeff. It wasn’t there.

1 Like

maybe the version matters, too:

HA! I built this thing a year ago! I’ve forgotten everything and if I need to do any firmware stuff, I’ll have to relearn it all. It’s been working great for me, so up until now, haven’t needed to dig into the code! Was really hoping for a simple solution to the seemingly simple issue. :wink:

oh yeah… I changed PRINT to CUT… so it’s the PRINT menu that lists the files.

Looks like it is in the latest firmware.

I would be careful though. The new firmware isn’t backwards compatible. Once you go to the new stuff, it may not let you go back. We have seen some weird flipped icons when going from the latest to older firmware.

NICE. Well… I wouldn’t be going backwards, right? (and for S&Gs, I tried that variable and didn’t work. Duh!)

it’s BTT TFT35 Version 2.0
Firmware: TFT35_V2.0.26.x

What is the latest I can use with this hardware?
i guess I’m going to have to relearn this stuff. I do have my original BIQU_TFT35_APP1_V2.0.26.x file. I’m going to re-install it.

reloading didn’t work.

grrrrr. I guess I need to remember how to do all this compiling and stuff!!!

I wonder WTH happened!!! nuts.

Thanks Jeff!!! Where do I get that latest code again?

So wait… i don’t have to compile the BTT one, right? (like all that platformio and stuff?) I just need to put the latest BIN file on my SD card, with the TFT35 bmp/fnt directory… right?

Sorry for the re-newb questions… it’s my birthday today! LOL I do appreciate you taking the time.

There is a premade bin file here:

There is more than just the bin. It also needs a language file, and icons. The config ini Ryan posted should be somewhat usable for CNC. Just replace everything.

Sorry guys - I don’t check in very often… So… 1st - Thanks Jeff and Ryan… I clicked over there and I think you are referring to the Dec 2021, right. Also, for some reason I don’t recall, I remember that I had to use the version with “APP” in the name. I.E. BIQU_TFT35_APP1_V2.0.26.x … can you guys provide that please? Is it also important to note that I have a TFT35 Version 2?

tia

See what I mean!? I just now got back to this… but I guess you guys didn’t see my new questions. Maybe replying will bump it into view on the list… hope so… Please let me know or if you have questions.

I clicked over there and I think you are referring to the Dec 2021, right. Also, for some reason I don’t recall, I remember that I had to use the version with “APP” in the name. I.E. BIQU_TFT35_APP1_V2.0.26.x … can you guys provide that please? Is it also important to note that I have a TFT35 Version 2?

I didn’t answer because I don’t know the answer. All the files I have are in the releases for GitHub. I don’t think we have out anything in the meantime.

OH… Ok… Sorry Jeffe… I didn’t infer that but thanks for letting me know. And I DO appreciate the help you guys have provided!! I wasn’t trying to to be smart… I meant “See what I mean” to imply that I didn’t log in very often… I just re-read that and see that it could possibly get misconstrued.

1 Like

I’m sorry too. I am not proud of my response.

I still don’t know where that app firmware came from.