Tension block rear looping help needed!

If you have no marlin screen that means your SKR board does not have my firmware either that is set up for marlin mode.

Can you give some more details of what you are doing and where boards and firmware you are using. At this point I will have to start guessing without more info.

Best first steps are the test crown.

1 Like

Lr3 build with skr pro motherboard with endstops included I still need to cut out the MDF board to get it up for official cutting.
This is the same system I’m using from the lr2 I believe I just flashed it to get the endstops.

1 Like

Would I have to install a completely different firmware from to he lr2 series’s?

Slow down. You are asking a bunch at the same time and most doesn’t make sense.

1-Where did you get your control board? The firmware you have put on the SKR Pro and the LCD are not mine. I highly suggest you use my firmware.

2- Are you building a LR2 or LR3? You mention both.

1 Like

I built a lr2 and I am getting on board with the lr3 . Pretty much all of the firmware setup are from my lr2 so I’m transitioning. I purchased all of these from. Before with a functional lr2 I apologize if it seems a bit of a lot

1 Like

You currently have an LR2 and you want to build an LR3?

??

I am asking because the boards do not have my firmware on them. If you have an LR2, I am not sure how it ran because it is not my firmware for either machine.

Yes I made all of the purchases from the website or links attached (amazon).

Amazon stuff won’t have V1 firmware on though, but it can be installed. That may be a good idea. The V1 firmware on the TFT is a good idea.

Oh and the Amazon links are weird when you aren’t in the USA, they get translated to something close in Canada (Or wherever). Usually the same thing, but sometimes not so much.

1 Like

So is this all kinda getting lost in translation due to the fact of where they are sent out from ?

1 Like

No, Judging by your screen shots I am fairly certain you do not have the right firmware on the screen, and possibly the SKR pro as well. Your screen shot also shows a .cur file showing you have indeed flashed something.

It boils down to you do not have the right firmware on your board and or screen.

1 Like

Lets just stick with the questions I have asked.

2 Likes

Items are from Amazon (Can) it’s basically what Dan has mentioned earlier. I’m trying to complete the Lr3 I’m at this stage now I wouldn’t be able to tell I’m a bit confused here now

1 Like

As per your PM…

I have the SKR Pro firmware, my TFT35 firmware is out of date, but I have a spare that I can load up and test out, and if it works right, I’ll email it, with install instructions.

3 Likes

When you can please that will be greatly appreciated sir for the lr3!

So I have been following up with the wiring and also trying to figure out the movements on my LR3 but still I am unsuccessful.
Step 1 I loaded to my sd card to flash the firmware onto the motherboard the firmware on the SKR pro by downloading the DualLR firmware and.putting the firmware.bin on the microSD slot on the board.

The LCD will be able to print files (.gcode extensuon) if they are on the SD card in the TFT.

Step2.
I powered up the unit but still I was unable to get the v1 loading screen nor access to the Marlin portion in additional I have went to the bigtreetech option and tried moving just to make sure my wires I followed were correct but I got nothing working for me so far; how can I go about this matter ?

1 Like

Marlin mode user the two gray cables connected between the lcd and the skr. The 5 pin black cable is only for tft mode. So check that those gray cables are correct.

After the skr pro flashes, it renames the file to firmware.cur. Do you see that on the sdcard?

Mine reads FIRMWARE.CUR I took out the sd card and now it’s just the board and the LCD screen functioning.
In this message I will provide images of the wiring to the board it’s possible I may got something wrong.

Please let me know if you need me to do anything else

The LCD screen has it’s own set of files that get put onto a memory card and flashed.
https://docs.v1engineering.com/electronics/skrpro/#tft-files

3 Likes

I inserted SD card into the board and now it booted to the option between of . Now I’m just waiting I cannot key in anything right now .
What’s the particular that I need to have on the sd card
& How do I insert the information on the screen or from the board and how long doe you press to reset?
Just a step in the right direction I would need please .

Stuck here it makes a ringing sound

You possibly have a bad screen, or you plugged it in wrong? Touching it does nothing?

this link show you exactly what goes on the card that you insert into the LCD screen and reboot. SKR Pro - V1 Engineering Documentation

1 Like