Steppers making noise

I have no idea what any of that means

Haha. Well, that’s my fault.

Right now, you are controlling the movement with the tft screen. I am worried that has some kind of mistake in it. So I am wondering if you can control it with something else, which will narrow down the issue to the screen, or the controller.

You can control the machine through a USB connection if you use “repetier host” which is software that runs on your computer.

Some of these terms are defined in the software workflow doc.

I don’t want you to mistake me for a tech guy lol cause I’m not, do you have a link for the “repetier host” ?

Make sure you don’t install “repetier server” no matter how politely it asks. :slight_smile:

We aren’t snobs here. Everyone is welcome.

Ok i have the crown and i started to draw it than it just stopps same spot both times. If its connected to the computer does the tft screen still need to be plugged in? I feel as if in in the home stretch but home plate is on the moon.

No if you are connected then you don’t need the screen

Don’t mind the make shift pen holder but this is as far as she will draw. Any ideas on whats wrong

Ok. First. There are buttons in repetier host for just moving the X and Y axis around.

• If you push the 10mm button, does it go 10mm? In X, Y, and Z?
  • If you ask for X+10mm does it go to the right?
  • If you ask for X-10mm does it go to the left?
  • If you ask for Y+10mm does it go away?
  • If you ask for Y-10mm does it go towards you?
  • If you ask for Z+10mm does it go up?

If all that works. Then get the test crown from this link and download a fresh copy. Make sure that file works before worrying about your own.

We should be able to figure out the screen, but let’s check the machine out first so you can start getting it dirty.

Ok so on the repeater program the machine will move in the right directions when told to. I completely disconnected the screen also. Download the new crown and took it into the gcode program and i assumed i followed all the steps there too. And when i export to the repetier program and tell it to print it will move around for about 10sec and stop like it hit a brickwall.

I thought maybe it was my usb cable because my k40 will not work if i have a cheap cable so i used the one provided and still stopping about 20 sec into the action of drawing the crown.

I have some time this afternoon if you want to give it another try.

I would suggest plugging in both grey cables to the screen, hold down the knob for 5-10 seconds, select “marlin mode” then try running the crown gcode from the screen and the SD slot it has. No usb. If that doesn’t work I can double check it on my end.

This is what i het on the board

I hope I’m not being a pain in the ass. Thank you for you time qnd help, that goes for you too Jeff, and Mike.

Turn the knob to refresh the screen. If you do not have a picture make sure both your grey cables are plugged in correctly.

We have not seen many issues with these boards so we don’t have any go to replies. So we are all going step by step. Not a pain at all.

1 Like

What are the chances I have the wrong firmware? I hate to feel like my hand is being held.

Ok i got it to work on marlin but same results only moves for like 10-20 sec and stops

Does it work with the screen and just not repetier?

Does the excat same thin on both