So What causes this?!?

bust_0003.gcode (530.2 KB)
(Generated by gcodetools from Inkscape.)

I am referring to the nice sloping run away line that doesn’t seem to have a source in the gcode, way past negative Y, it’s not skipping steps, and I don’t have a dog pulling on the rails. Luckily it was going slow enough, and I was only using a pen, that nothing were hurt in the process. I seem to recall issues like this before, but on totally different hardware, perhaps it’s just a gcodetools bug, or something still left in marlin to fix.

Cheers!

This looks an awful lot like the noise issue we’ve been seeing occasionally. What board is it, what firmware, and how are you running the gcode?

Mini Rambo, Ryan’s compile says May 28, 2020, lowrider 2, octoprint, have a clamp on ferrite core on the usb cable, which is 5 inches long.

This is me, first foot on the floor getting out of bed, lol.

Cheers!

I’ve seen odd behavior like this caused by G2/G3 gcode on the maslowcnc. It’s possible there is a specific command, like a really, really, really small arc (artifact of converting a bitmap to vector) resulting in something that throws the firmware. On Maslow, we added code to firmware that replaced infinitesimally small arcs with short lines to solve it.

2 Likes

Estlcam can do the same. There is a checkmark for using arcs. If you turn that off, it will use line segments.