Sanding machines?

What about my baby in a sandpaper suit? :smiley:

Not my baby (my baby is 8 now lol)
But probably depends on the grit and chunkyness

Was thinking more like this, but with sandpaper (also not mine but Amazon Baby):

1 Like

babies make horrible sanding blocks. Too many odd curves and shapes that end up leaving gouges in the wood.

1 Like

I’d be more worried about random staining…

1 Like

Reminds me of
Sock mop

I built the Stumpy Nubs version about 2 years ago and it worked really well. the hand crank can be annoying. I had plans to put a motor on it but never followed though. It’s been a little bit since i have used it. Once i get back to needing it then ill probably add it. I did stretch it out to 27" wide and it didn’t seem to bother it a bit. Took his plans and created DXF files for all of the pieces in Fusion to the new dimensions for 27" wide and cut it all out on my LR2. It was a fun project and has worked well

3 Likes

His does seem to be the most thorough. Do you like having the top open to sand as much as he does?

Mind sharing the DXF? :slightly_smiling_face:

i have never used that function of it. I could see where it could be useful just hasn’t been anything I’ve needed.

Uploading now…
Panel CC.dxf (2.1 KB)
Panel DD.dxf (3.2 KB)
Panel E.dxf (1.8 KB)
Panel EE.dxf (2.2 KB)
Panel F.dxf (1.8 KB)

There are several so it might take a few post

1 Like

Panel G.dxf (1.8 KB)
Panel H.dxf (1.8 KB)
Panel I.dxf (2.0 KB)
Panel J.dxf (2.2 KB)
Panel K.dxf (1.8 KB)

1 Like

Here is what i could find. Remember that i built mine wider than the plans call for. And i made all these when i was first learning Fusion so they are a little rough. But they did the job for me as i cut all mine out on my lowrider2 including the aluminum strips and the aluminum bearing plate.

Multiple post…will only let me upload 5 at a time
4" hole.dxf (2.4 KB)
Aluminum Strip.dxf (1.8 KB)
Bearing Plate.dxf (4.0 KB)
Crank.dxf (2.9 KB)
Panel BB.dxf (1.9 KB)

Forum thinks im spamming. Cant make more than 3 post in a row so ill upload 3 more once someone else responds lol

1 Like

OK go again! cheers spammer!

2 Likes

Thanks!

Panel L.dxf (1.8 KB)
Panel M.dxf (1.8 KB)
Panel N.dxf (2.4 KB)
Panel O.dxf (1.8 KB)
Panel P.dxf (2.4 KB)

1 Like

Ok this is all that i had. Hopefully thats all of them. Im 99% sure i labeled them according to the plans but double check that. Hopefully this helps!

Panel Q.dxf (1.8 KB)
Panel V & W.dxf (2.2 KB)
Panel Z.dxf (1.8 KB)
Panel E.dxf (1.8 KB)

Ok Panel E should be Panel S here. Ive tried 5 times now and it keeps changing it.

1 Like

If anyone lives in onterible

1 Like