Rocky Mountain RepRap Festival 2024

Springtime day in Colorado.

6 Likes

Springs is usually when we get the most snow here in CO. Also, if you look at the forecast and you see about 20% chance of precipitation everyday, that means the meteorologists have no clue what is going to happen.

4 Likes

Patiently waiting for summer! :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Its like that in Wisconsin also if theyvdont know they yru to scare the schools to close :flushed:

1 Like

:drooling_face:

6 Likes

See if you can snag a few of those Eddys for us to try out lmao

2 Likes

That is beautiful!! Want to switch places?

1 Like

Well, we are actually getting more and more interested in house-swapping, so be careful what you ask for! :smiley:

1 Like

CPAP as in breathing aid?! Strange thing to go with 3d-printer stuff??

3 Likes

8 Likes

Makes for some pretty insane cooling. I have it on one of my printers. It works great!

3 Likes

You know, if you wanted to go all the way, you could keep a compressor in the garage and install air piping to your printer! Only issue would be varying the speed, usually air is either on or off (using a solenoid valve). Iā€™m SURE there are ways to electronically change the pressure level :smiley:

2 Likes

CPAP fans are super quiet, and very high flow. The guys on the forum for the Jubilee Toolchanger spent a bit of time designing a manifold so the airflow could be rerouted to the current tool. I havenā€™t modded mine, but they seem to love it!

1 Like

And lite as onlly tubes are attached to print head

2 Likes

Constant interest in the ZenXY and MPCNC and their presentersā€¦

Gave several completed LR3 plots away to kids who were universally ecstatic about them.
Sadly, didnā€™t have one for the kid with the 3D printed TMNT backpack.

8 Likes

Oh man that backpack is awesome, never saw it til reading your comment!!!

OK, I mentioned this a bit upthreadā€¦

Can we as a community figure out a cheap and quick (but good enough!) way to make some kind of enclosure for @azab2c 's V4 printer?

Iā€™d rather not have him rip it all apart again and stuff it back into that luggage.

Guidelines-

• It has to be relatively cheap.
  • it has to be something that TSA and Alaska Air will accept and process as checked luggage.
  • It has to at least get that V4 back home at least intact enough to resemble a working printer.
  • We donā€™t have much time to do whatever.

Today I was kicking around finding some source of foam, and making a box from big box cheap plywood that weā€™d place the foam in, and slide the printer in. some kind of cheap hinge somewhere to allow the box to open, and some kind of latch or closure that would let it close but not be prone to just spilling the printer out.

How about it? Who has ideas on how to do this?

1 Like

Will the 115" be a problem?

Once youā€™ve gathered all three data points, add them together. For example, if your bag is 24 inches tall, 20 inches long and 18 inches wide, its total linear length is 62 inches.

Something else said limit is 62 inches as above. Measure the printer!

1 Like

I bet if you used surgical tubing for the last few inches of it you could put a cam type of pincher on it and slow the flow with a servo or some other extruder type of action to control the flowā€¦

Worst case Iā€™ll get measurments tomorrow, but I donā€™t recall it being larger than 24"x24"x28" ā€¦ So weā€™re starting out somewhere around 76 linear inches.

I had back-of-napkin guessed making a box with something like 1" foam board insualtion for inner layer, 1/2" ply for an outer layer. So that would add 3 inches in each dimmenation assembled. Iā€™m guessing 27x27x31. 85 Linear inches. Thatā€™s still within the 115 linear inch limit.

Imagine a cheap road case, though probably without the road case felt outer nor reinforced corners.