Rocky Mountain RepRap Festival 2023

I’d say the boondoggle struck again, but you’re going to Florida

Bummer dude. We’ll see what is next.

I think that would be awesome, the Primo preferably. Please do unless someone has a smaller one that they can bring, I think we can hang that off a table no problem. They are 31" wide/deep. I doubt we could run the router or laser, but maybe we can monkey up some fake Gcode to keep it in motion for a while on all three axis.

Yeah that works as well.

So that should put us at one of each machine, and a couple printers (mine and AZA’s 2? printers)! How exciting, I have never had anything other than a mpcnc, and at one Mrrf there were a couple surprise MP3DP’s.

Any cool easily portable small project examples are good.

Let me know if there are any other machines that might make it I believe that means we still have at least half a table free.

Oh and a power strip and a small basic extension order are a good idea if you are bringing a machine.

1 Like

The coolest part is if anything of mine breaks in shipping, we could have a whole new set of parts for either machine in a matter of hours. So I packed carefully, but didn’t go crazy with it. Some bubble wrap and all my spare foam stepper packaging stuffed in a box.

2 Likes

OK. I’ll prep the Primo for attendance. Since I am so close, we can also make some decisions in “real time”… The Primo actually has a mobile base on which it sits, if we decided that was preferable for some reason.

And, if someone has a smaller machine, that’s fine with me too. I’ll just leave it in the car until a final decision is made…

3 Likes

Awesome a low pressure decision! Being so far away, everything feels kinda like a major decision.

I finally realized I don’t need my entire toolbox or doubles of things. There are hardware stores everywhere and lots of handy makers around. I am trying to pack minimally and not stress on every decision.

1 Like

I have been putting every tool I use on the zxy in a box when I am done with it. Hopefully I won’t need any new tools.

But also, I live less than an hour away. So we can go get anything I have.

1 Like

I have a bag of stuff in my printer box…then I needed to take apart the LR so there is stuff in that box, now there is another bag of stuff that I just keep piling up. Kinda lost track at this point.

2 Likes

Due to an unexpected expense, I have to bow out. Maybe next time around

1 Like

Double bummer

I’m local, and likely to attend…

Edit- and, Ryan if you need anything while you’re out here, I’m also willing to run errands or help if possible.

3 Likes

Fantastic, can’t wait to meet you! Thank you for that offer.

1 Like

Hmm… Looks like I’ll be in town, but won’t be able to attend… I’m flying in on Sunday afternoon for a company conference in Boulder. :frowning:

It sounds like you should fly in saturday afternoon instead. Boulder is pretty close to RMRRF. :slight_smile:. If you were staying in Boulder, a quick Lyft would get you there if you didn’t have a rental car.

NBD if you can’t. But we would like to meet you if you can. No pressure.

I won’t have any goats. But maybe we can find a local supplier. :goat: :fire:

3 Likes

@kvcummins This smells like a trap to beat you up for your comments! Don’t do it! He might say he’s got Doghnuts, don’t believe his lies!!! :smiley:

1 Like

Who hurt you. Philipp? :slight_smile:

If I had a problem with K’s comments, I would have said by now.

I know. :smile:

GLaDOS. The cake is also a lie!

2 Likes

I’m literally playing portal 1 with my son, as I am reading this. It is his turn.

3 Likes

I need to check on the weather there for next weekend. Gonna have to dig through some boxes if I need pants. :rofl:

My girl is in a panic “I am going to have to bring my whole closet if it doesn’t decide to be hot or cold”

The unofficial uniform of CO school kids is shorts, T-Shirt and a hoodie. A jacket too, if it is windy.

It looks like highs in the upper 50s. It is very dry here, so that is possible to do with shorts (if you used to live in AK, at least).

I will probably have a tshirt and jeans, with a jacket. Maybe a hoodie and a rain jacket. But I honestly wear that almost every day :slight_smile:.

1 Like