Rocky Mountain RepRap Festival 2023

As much as I love my logo at the show there is a lot of them. Hopefully I will set it up to draw an ISO view of an LR3, with a RMRRF logo, and a V1 Logo on the page. So that kinda gets one right on the machine. Speaking of, I have to remember to draw the logo’s first, then the ISO view. That way the logo is always on the page.

4 Likes

Yea, some C clamps would probably work.

Sexy!

Anyone bringing an IDEX?

1 Like

I can’t bring mine, and I don’t think any others have been built yet. But in time I am hoping it becomes a thing…

4 Likes

Allllllllmost ready.

6 Likes

I even broke my vow of printed support celibacy and printed 4 parts using it…YUK!

I share your pain, but have to say that PrusaSlicer Organic supports have given me a whole new way of thinking.
They are not going to take over and I’m not going to “design for supports” but I thought I’d try them on this tricky little sucker and wow… just wow!

TomTom620 Hood

4 Likes

I’d use white erase board so you can erase the drawing each time instead of using a lot of paper.

2 Likes

Do they make 0.3mm dry-erase markers? I did look at getting a stick on dry-erase surface to draw on, if I can find one that is removable and is rolled up for shipping I can give it a try. As long as I get at least one nice drawing to put on my wall.

Heffe was it you that made all those Sandify drawings for the wall?

2 Likes

My ;local dollar store has 16X20" dry erase foam board. It’s 1/4" foam with a dry erase surface on both sides… you could probably use double sided tape with that and it would be good.

1 Like

Yeah, I am unsure of the table surface. So I have a removable adhesive film for slightly funky table, or I will need to go buy something locally if it is super rough of warped.

1 Like

MC SQUARES Tackie Markers - Smudge Free, Wet Erase Pens for Dry Erase, Acrylic and Glass Boards | Fine Point 6-Pack Black | Erasable with Water | 6 Black takie Markers https://a.co/d/dFmlB8V

2 Likes

I made a few. I used the fine tip marker you recommended. I did make a large dry erase sign for a birthday party using regular markers.

Isn’t the point to have some papers to give away?

I have some small dry erase markers. Let me see if I can measure their size.

3 Likes

For sure, Dry erase is fun backup. This time they will be small banners…24" x 19" max

I want to set up to write names on the tags with a sharpie as well. No matter how hard I try mine always looks like a 1st grader wrote it. I think I can come up with a quick workflow…Doing some drawing right now.

2 Likes

Ah. I didn’t think about that.

1 Like

Fine tip 0.3mm pen

10 Likes

Don’t forget your logo. :smiley:

2 Likes

And your fancy pants business cards.

4 Likes

Oh thanks I almost forgot about those. I have some left!

1 Like