Repetier Configuration

Hi ! I need your help ! I had build my Mpcnc with rambo 1.3 and titan E3D extrudeur.
I use Repetier to print but I had some problem :

I have a bed, all is leveled, but when i’m printing there is no adherence… I try with more ° to print…no difference… I use 1.75mm PLA from 3motions tech, and I have 0.4 nozzle

I copy to you my config in repetier : (Cura engine ) I think the problem is from here !

and when, why lot of luck,it’s “good” my print is wrong size… ( all my motor are well calibrated,my extrudeur to ! )

[print]
name = new
defaultQuality = MB4qEmF2LxIlvcZWD6Nygqpc2jaeb0vX
travelSpeedMin = 20
travelSpeedMax = 35
firstLayerSpeedMin = 15
firstLayerSpeedMax = 15
infillSpeedMin = 20
infillSpeedMax = 35
skinSpeedMin = 20
skinSpeedMax = 35
infillType = 1
innerPerimeterMin = 20
innerPerimeterMax = 35
outerPerimeterMin = 20
outerPerimeterMax = 35
printSpeedMin = 20
printSpeedMax = 35
nozzleDiameter = 0.4
gcodeFlavour = 0
retractionCombing = True
combing = 1
multiVolumeOverlap = 0
cutOffObjectBottom = 0
shellThickness = 0.2752
infillTopBottomThickness = 0.26
infillDensityPercent = 20
supportType = 0
platformAdhesion = 0
dualExtrusion = 0
wipeAndPrimeTower = True
oozeShield = False
enableRetraction = True
retractionSpeed = 30
retractionDistance = 1
multiExtruderSwitchAmount = 16
startGCode = “”"
; Default start code
G28 ; Home extruder
G1 Z15 F{Z_TRAVEL_SPEED}
M107 ; Turn off fan
G90 ; Absolute positioning
M82 ; Extruder in absolute mode
{IF_BED}M190 S{BED}
; Activate all used extruder
{IF_EXT0}M104 T0 S{TEMP0}
G92 E0 ; Reset extruder position
; Wait for all used extruders to reach temperature
{IF_EXT0}M109 T0 S{TEMP0}
“”"
endGCode = “”"
; Default end code
;G1 X0 Y0 Z130 ; Get extruder out of way. Uncomment to use!
M107 ; Turn off fan
; Disable all extruder
G91 ; Relative positioning
{IF_EXT0}T0
{IF_EXT0}G1 E-1 ; Reduce filament pressure
M104 T0 S0
G90 ; Absolute positioning
G92 E0 ; Reset extruder position
M140 S0 ; Disable heated bed
M84 ; Turn steppers off
“”"
preSwitchExtruderCode =
postSwitchExtruderCode =
wipeAndPrimeTowerVolume = 15
retractionMinimumTravel = 1.5
minimumExtrusionBeforeRetract = 1.5
zhop = 0
skirtLineCount = 3
skirtDistance = 0
skirtMinimumLength = 150
solidInfillTop = True
solidInfillBottom = True
infillOverlapPercent = 50
supportStructureType = 0
supportOverhang = 50
supportFillPercent = 35
supportDistanceXY = 0.8
supportDistanceZ = 0.16
supportExtruder = -1
spiralizeOuterContour = False
brimWidth = 3
raftExtraMargin = 5
raftLineSpacing = 0.8
raftBaseThickness = 0.12
raftBaseWidth = 0.8
raftInterfaceThickness = 0.2
raftInterfaceLineWidth = 0.8
raftAirGap = 0
raftAirGapLayer0 = 0
raftSurfaceLayer = 1
fixCombineEverythingA = True
fixCombineEverythingB = False
fixKeepOpenFaces = False
fixExtensiveStitching = False
fanFullAtHeight = 1
perimeterBeforeInfill = True
minimumSpeed = 10
coolHeadLift = False
numQuality = 1
[quality_0]
name = 1 mm
signature = MB4qEmF2LxIlvcZWD6Nygqpc2jaeb0vX
layerHeight = 0.1
layer0widthPercent = 20
firstLayerHeight = 0.1

Usually when you are having an adhesion problem with the print to the bed its either a bed surface issue or you don’t have the z height of your first layer set correctly. So start there. What kind of surface are you printing on? What is your layer height of your first layer?

As far as the print being the wrong size, how much wrong is it? .1mm or 10mm? Its not uncommon for the prints to be slightly different in size than what you modeled because you are dealing with melted plastic and have to compensate. If its way off then you likely have something wrong in your stepper settings. If its way off you probably need to go back to drawing squares with a pen until you get it figured out.

I print on bluetape and my first layer is 0.4mm, first extrusion width 50%, and layer heigh is 0.34mm

It’s wrong in heigh only in 0.4mm for 4cm printed ( 10% wrong )

I don’t print with MPCNC, but for my 3D printer I use a 0.2 height for first layer. For printing PLA, I print direct to glass plate with purple glue stick.

Start with 120%, at 50% the nozzle has no pressure it is trying to stretch the bead thinner.

Also you generally should not print with a layer height much more than 80-85% of nozzle diameter.

I have also struggled with bed adhesion issues like most everyone else who’s a newbie. I’ve slowed the speed to 20mm/sec to 30mm/sec, done the Z axis starting space with a sheet of paper, increased the flow to 120%, increased temp up to 220 for PLA and added a heated bed at 60 C all to poor effect. Blue tape, glass, Elmer’s gluestick, aluminum, all plus or minus the heated bed aren’t reliable if they work at all. Trying PEI as Ryan has suggested somewhere and am not holding my breath. If I squash the first layer too much it’ll back up and plug the extruder. If I print too slowly there are heat creep issues and I plug my extruder. Less than 210 to 220 for PLA and I get zero adherence. Ive learned to start up the extruder fan early. If it’s a larger print then I’ll start the fan before the first layer is done or there are heat creep issues. I’ve checked the extruder heat temp and bed temp with a infrared temp gun and they are accurate. I’m starting to think that a paper spacing Plus the usual 0.2 starting thickness is actually too thick since it’ll add up to about 0.4mm so I am starting the Z right on the print bed and going from there. That is if I can avoid crashing the print head into the build plate…

Don’t forget when you put the PEI in place (and I recommend PEI, it made a significant difference for me) you’ll want to re-set the Z position to account for the extra thickness the PEI sheet provides.

1 Like