Repeat V2?

No z endstops is easy and works great. The only thing about this one is your ending gcode needs to park the z axis at zmax, easy.

I want to see how the leveling grid looks after this print. I want to see if the wires give it that weird lean it had on the previous version at all. I highly doubt it will.

1 Like

Interesting. Does this version also have belted Z? What is the point of parking at zmax?

1 Like

Maybe the bed is at the bottom, resting on hard stops so it can’t fall when you cut power to the Z motors?

1 Like

Oh. Right. I was thinking that was zmin.

Yup, belted Z. This time also carrying the steppers, Repeat V2? - #30 by vicious1 so it gets to Z max pretty fast if the power is cut.

I keep getting it reversed when I manually move the bed. Zmin/max. I want to move the bed up and I increase the number…nope. grind grind grind.

I got a roll of TPU, have not used it in years. Printed perfectly, it doesn’t seem to like as steep of overhangs as PLA but I might just need to tune my temps. Last time I used TPU it took a lot of testing to get it right, I think the hemera really helps here, over a wades extruder. I got it to hopefully print some feet for the printer.

2 Likes

Good to go! onward and upward No sign of wire or filament pull.

3 Likes

Happy with the footprint.

About 10-20mm less deep and more narrow, 50-60mm shorter

3 Likes

Neat and tidy! Can controller, and steppers be shielded from enclosure/heated chamber to enable usage at high temps without shortening electronics lifespan?

I stuck them there so I did not have to extend many wires. You can put it anywhere, I used to have it underneath.

1 Like

Every thing looks great cant wait for the files release. :metal: :+1:

2 Likes

Laggin, my bad.

I am doing little things like putting the idler stand offs on all the parts. I think I am going to release them as is, meaning pretty blocky. So hopefully not too long now.

I do have my first real vacation planned next week so no promises of how much time I will have on this before then, but I am trying.

5 Likes

Well deserved. I’m glad @jeffeb3 approved your vacation request.

2 Likes

:joy:

Well 4 days and I will be checking in at least once a day…probably more.

2 Likes

Anyone wanna try a torture test?

This part was stupid fun. I want to do more to it, but I have spent entirely too much time on it as is.
Z Post.zip (250.3 KB)

Sliced and heating…

Guess I could tune my retractions a bit.

1 Like

Aside from the stringiness, I’d say not bad!

5 Likes

Printing, and streaming…

https://youtu.be/ZnZZw0mNyXg

Expect buffering and crappy quality, our ISP (Comcast) is having issues this week.

3 Likes

Swiss Z post print done. Posted close up viewing :

0.6mm nozzle, 0.32mm layer height, mostly stock Ender 3 Max, fresh Overture silky PLA. 60% infill, almost same profile used for LR3. Need to check if my screw drivers are skinny enough to fit the deeper holes.

Repeat V2 looks cool. Been wanting to build a more capable Core XY. Got Repeat V2’s goals (and non goals) listed somewhere? What would be a comparable commercial 3D printer?

4 Likes

@vicious1 I had bought rails, bed, octopus board, etc for repeat v1, but I didn’t get on it right away while my wife was pregnant with our first and since having her I haven’t touched it. Was just looking to get back into doing things with the parts and I’m seeing repeat v2. How close are we talking? No pressure as I really appreciate that you’re doing the hard design work here… :grin:

At this point I think I’m definitely going to wait. I bought a 300mm bed so it would be that size, I think the rails are 400mm and could be cut down.