Question about dual endstop homing behavior (diy NOT MPCNC)

I am trying to set up dual endstops but having trouble. I suspect the issue has to do with homing behavior, but I am not sure what is happening as it happens fast and I cant watch two motors at once.

When homing with dual endstops, obviously both motors turn in sync to move the axis toward the min endstops. However after the first bump, what happens? I assume the first move goes until each motor hits its endstop, but after that, do they continue to move in sync? When it backs off for the 2nd bump, does that go in sync, or does the first motor to trigger start backing off for the bump before the other?

My gantry isnt very tolerant of racking without skipping steps. Since I cant seem to get the switches PHYSICALLY aligned perfect, the homing procedure just wont work. One switch will bump, then the whole thing locks up. Almost like the first motor backs off before the 2nd motor hits its switch the first time, and when they are traveling opposite directions, the lock up just accelerates.

I tried M666 settings, but they didnt help at all. Is there somewhere in the firmware to make sure that motor 1 stays against its stop until motor two lands, then they both back off together to back back for the 2nd bump?

Umm…nevermind. I had my endstops wired to the wrong motors (sw1 to Y2, sw2 to Y1).

4 Likes

That is a pretty common error and pretty hard to find the problem on your own. Two gold stars:

:star: :star:

1 Like