Problem with X axis after moving the machine

Hi, long time no write :joy: After moving my Mpcnc in the new shop I have a problem with the X axis. The X axis servos just vibrating. Here I uploaded a little video to YouTube. I move the axis in the video with Estlcam. First I thought about the driver chips, so I switched the X and Y chips, but there was not the problem.

https://youtube.com/shorts/acH7NezdPR0?feature=share

Maybe someone have an idea why it’s behaving like this?

Did you check your wiring to make sure it is connected/inserted correctly? Did you try swapping that stepper with a different axis (e.g. unplug it from the X axis on the board and plug it into the Y to see if that changes things?

1 Like

I agree. It looks like a bad wire to me. The motor has to pass the responsibility from one coil to the other. If one coil is not connected, the first one just switches between holding on and letting go.

Just to be clear, you have a control board that is compatible with estlcam, right? Flashing a rambo from estlcam will cause issues.

Thank you guys for the fast answers.
I love my little CNC. It worked fine for the last 2 years with Estlcam, so it should be compatible :yum:
But I hadn’t the need to do anything technical the hole time, it just worked fine. I used it just for foil cutting. Horrible what you forget about a machine that yourself build after a while.
Tomorrow morning I first try switching the x and y axis, maybe it’s just a y-cable that’s getting lose after carrying the machine down the stairs on it’s new position.

1 Like

Ok, I found it. It was one of the connection cables. I checked and switched everything and connected at last the servos with other cable I had laying around. And voilà, there’s was the problem, just a broken cable.

Thank you guys again for your generosity in helping me with this!

Best wishes!
Timo

3 Likes

Well theres your problem. :slight_smile:

Glad you found it. Thanks for sharing the build pics.

1 Like