Problem with belt tensioners

Hi,

I’m almost done with the assembly of my MPCNC and so far, everything has been flawless, all the 3d printed parts were good and fitted perfectly, but now I’m at the step where I am supposed to tension the belts and I feel like the belt tensioner parts are not very good…

I mean, the belt fits and wraps just fine like it’s supposed to, but I just can’t tension anything. The belt will either slip or the part with the nut will strip and split. I’ve been very careful during my build and pre screwed every nylon nut like recommended but those tensioner split anyway.

Right now I am printing some new tensioners, but it feels like this part is too weak and not snug enough to prevent the belt from slipping.

What am I missing here ? Everything was so perfect so far, I can’t imagine those part being so wrong, I must be doing something wrong !

You might be going too tight. It’s not needed to have them “tight”.

I guess so, but the belts were barely straight, anyway, I’ll give it one more try later today

for anyone interested, I tried again with my newly printed tensioners (printed at 100% infill this time, though at this size I’m not sure it changes a lot).

I pre-screwed my nylon nuts a few more times all the way and at first I still had a little slippage of the belt but what ended up solving my problem was to tape the end of the belt that goes out of the tensioner. This way, it gets really hard for the belt to slip because the tape hold it together pretty tight.

I was very cautious not to overtighten anything to prevent the parts from splitting and I was able to tension all my belts successfully this way.

Maybe one more info, I you read this before cutting you belts to length, don’t hesitate to cut at leach 1 inch more on every belt, it won’t cause any problem and will give you more room. I cut all my belts using the calculator and they turned up to be barely long enough.

I’m surprised you had this much trouble with this. I’ve built a few of the Primos and this has never been an issue for me. And not one I have seen posted around much if at all. I’m glad you got it sorted out!