Primo upgrade - Tromsø, Norway

A book on boatbuilding I read years ago stated unconditionally that the only truly required furnishing was the “moaning chair”

1 Like

Those tubes do not look straight… Really awesome set up otherwise.

1 Like

It’s because hes so close too the pole everything is bent the whole room seems to be spinning :smiley:

3 Likes

I should get one of those!!

The room (and pipes) are reasonably straight, the curved impression is indeed from the panorama-style of the photo.

3 Likes

I like my theory better but OK :smiley:I wish mine looked that nice.curved or not

2 Likes

As long as the space-time continuum is similarly curved in his whining shed, then all is well, and everything will at least appear to be square, from his frame of reference.

3 Likes

The question is whether or not my whining influences the local curvature compared to the global pole-near curvature in the space-time continuum…

2 Likes

Just get the chair in case of vertigo :crazy_face:

1 Like

I need such a chair. I really need it. Not because of vertigo - but because of the weather. Here you have the statistics, the hard facts:

(notice how many months that are without snow… and please ask why we actually live here, on the north pole. I’m not sure myself at the moment)

3 Likes

Look like spring comes fast though and start you whining

The saying is that we dont have spring in Tromsø. We have winter, then we have something that resembles summer, and then we have winter again.
BUUUUT - to make up for it, when the summer actually comes (for a week or two), then we have the most fairytale-like conditions:

Those few precious summer days make up for a lot, and keeps us going - but right now there’s a lot of snow to compensate for!!

8 Likes

That is beautiful

1 Like

That is amazing. Wow. I bet you never go inside when the sun is shinning!

1 Like

Here comes something I would have written in a chat-service, if so was available:

Just downloaded Fusion 360, after having used Tinkercad for a year.

Confusing, but oooooh soooo nice to have full control on every little detail! Tinkercad was like playing with playdough. Playdough often works super nice, but sometimes, you want to know how the full details of things and parts.

Any tips for videos or guides to help a newbie? (Without starting with “save file”, “my computer” and so on and so on. Many of the newbie intro videos on YT is super annoying, some of them seem to assume that we don’t know what a file or cloud service is…)

1 Like

Lars Christensen produces very popular tutorials. He works for Autodesk.

1 Like

Thanks! I heard someone mention this name, somewhere, - but I could never
have found it back.

Edit: oooh - I feel old! This live broadcast type of media is difficult to be patient with. Soo much uhm - ah - like - you know… It took 5 minutes for him just to get into some content. I just want the basics hammered into my head, as quick as possible. I know that it’s my impatience fault, not mr Lars…

2 Likes

Yeah, this “live stream” might not have been the best choice. Lars has other videos that get going right away…he’s still a little chatty, but not as bad as this one.

1 Like

Here is a little more mid level tutorial, I really like something about this one… :wink:

Actually if you do watch it even if you do not understand all of it, I like that he shows there are a few ways to do everything.

1 Like

NYC CNC has fast paced videos on using F360 and he does a great job of explaining each move he makes. I use the rewind function frequently. :wink:

He does a lot of F360 CAM tips too if you choose to use it for your CAM also.

1 Like

Soooo - now I’m ready to re-assemble my gantry. It has run for quite a few hours, and it’s still as out of square as always. My plan is to re-assemble it, and to install dual end stops. I know the end stops will help to keep the whole operation square, but I’d like the gantry to be as square as possible, to keep strain of the motors.

My head is fried right now, from easter holidays and lock down, restless kids and what not. Does anyone have any tips or insights to share when it comes to taking the gantry apart, and assembling it - hopefully a little more square? Is it enough to switch places for the xy-pieces and the xyz-pieces?