Primo Core F is wiggling

According to my analysis of the STL the clamps have the same offset, fitting to the core. You should update these as well.

yes everything is being updated

3 Likes

Ryan @vicious1 mentioned in the PRIMO-thread that the modified clamps can be used (as several has reported) to counter the offset error(New MPCNC for 2020! - Primo -). I will go for this solution, since I’m all out of the fancy pantsy PLA I bought for the occation. Has anyone here attempted to make a modified Y clamp as well? Or is it possible to use the modified clamp for the Y-spot as well?

Edit: I see from the build doc that it seems like a regular clamp can be used, but then the truck wouldn’t clear. I guess this is the reason for loosing 15mm of workspace? Would the workspace be identical if a Y-clamp repair came?

2 Likes

Did you use a separate Y-clamp, or did you use this one for all the four mounts? How has it worked out?

Here is a modified version of the y clamp remixed from https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4564508

I’ve tested it on my core with the incorrect hole spacing and it can be adjusted to remove all the wobble.

Enjoy!

3 Likes

Perfect, thanks! I will print and assemble the coming days, I’ll let you know how it goes.

Neat, that came right on time. I just printed the first two clamps and thought about sawing that piece off. :smiley:

1 Like

I had some time and installed the two that had been already printed on the Y-axis. It’s incredible, no more wiggling. I thought mine were installed pretty well. Oh boy was I wrong. I can only imagine how much more precise it is going to be after toolchanges when I install the second set this evening.

1 Like

I’m printing the makeshift clamps right now, and finish assembling the core tonight. Good timing, I’m excited!

1 Like

Squaring took me 30 seconds for the 4mm offset that I was constantly having.
Last time I tried for over 2 hours. -_-

1 Like

Shoot - I was hoping to finish the gantry tonight, but only got to the trucks and tops. Well well, more fun another night :smiley:

1 Like

Finished the core, everything is perfectly square. No loose bearings anywhere. What a relief! I never figured the burly out, the end stops did the job. Now it was a breeze, the frame, trucks, core and rails again. I used the modified clamps, as mentioned earlier, since I didn’t have filament for a new core.

5 Likes