No movement at all

Welp, think I may have dug into somthing I’m not able to figure out. First up:

Mechanical parts are completed. Well designed, Rayn, Thank you. I followed the teaching tech video on youtube and decide to go with the skr 1.3 with the 5160 drivers. End stops installed as well. But I’m getting no movement at all.

I have jumpers for the drivers installed under the drivers , to the left. I am getting no output signal at all. I’m curious, are these jumpers correct ?

I do believe my board is picking up the bin file because when I read the card from my PC its change the file to… forgive me cant remember off the top of my head.

Another thought I had is for those of you that have completed your project, I noticed on another video of TT that he had to move the grounding pin on the 5160, dows this need to be completed as well ? From the diagrams I’ve seen, this was no longer needed on the 1.3 board. But figured I’d ask. I’m really hoping someone can lend me a hand figuring this out. Tha is in advance.

I personally can’t help, but I’ll preemptively tell you to take pics so that folks can see how things are hooked up.

2 Likes

Had a client call that I needed to go take care of. I’ll try to post when I return home

After a bit of digging, am I wrong to believe the a2 pin (CLK) shouldnt be used on the driver ? Seems to me theres no need for this because the driver looks like (from the diagram I’ve saw) that the clk should ground itself to ground. I ha e a funny feeling this might be the cause of my problem.

Welp it certainly wasnt the pin a2 causing the issue. Now I’m getting y connection all low error.

I went ahead an disconnected the end stops just to role those out. Those aren’t the issues. See attached photos for what I have left connected / jumpered

Ah that last photo was x I rebooted and recieved the same error for Y.

Are the bent pins on the two stepper drivers intentional?

1 Like

Now recieved a kill command. So, with that being said, I’ll try the end stops again and see if it makes any difference.

Yes, sir they were. I have now found out that those shouldnt have been bent. :slight_smile:

Don’t install the belts yet. Also, enabling TMC_DEBUG in Configuration_adv.h will let you send M122 on a console. That will help you debug the tmc communication.

With everything wired back up, I’m still getting the kill command.

Hey, Jeff. Ive tried connecting the machine to repetier however, it will not connect. Any ideas?

Do you have the right port? baud rate?

I take that back, Im able to connect but only for a few seconds at a time. For some reason it keeps disconnecting.

I don’t think it is actually connecting. can you post the log?

Care to explain how to do that?

Ha! We’re at a stalemate. I don’t use repetier. When I ask for that, somehow people know how to paste it in here and I can read the logs. I think it is along the bottom of the screen, something like serial log or console log or terminal log.

This is all I have http://localhost:3344/#!/printer/CNC1/print

That is repetier server. You need to uninstall repetier server for repetier host to work.

Ha HA WHAT ?

Nvm i got it,. Just a second. I need to add you to the my Christmas list!