New Stepper

My Z axis stepper motor failed and I ordered a new one from V1 Engineering but the wire colors are different from the ones I’m using. I’m not sure how to arrange the wires on my Rambo v1.4. I notice you no longer have that board in your store.

Jerry

The colours aren’t too important. Plug in the new motor. If jt turns the wrong way, turn the plug over 180°

2 Likes

Thanks Dan, I’ll try it and see what happens.

1 Like

I finally got around to connecting my new stepper today. Using the V1cnc 510D display controller, it doesn’t matter which way I turn the knob, the Z axis moves down. I’m assuming Its the way the stepper wires are connected but I’m not sure which ones to swap.

If it moves smoothly, then I would suspect that the direction pin is bad. Some mainboards have had a pin not soldered to the board well. It is in the corner of the polulo stepper connector, so you can check it. If the solder joint isn’t good, it should be easy enough to fix. Well, on the SKR or other boards that use separate driver chips,

If the movement is rough, it might be a problem with the pair wiring. This might be in an extension wire, or on the mainboard.

The pairs as pins 1, 2 and 3, 4. A multimeter should show those pins as having continuity. If so, it should be able to move both ways.

One pin on the motor connector being disconnected would have the effect of mot getting smooth and complete motion, so it would probably only move in the direction that gravity dictates.