New MPCNC for 2020! - Primo -

Is the distance between two Z pipes still the same?

This alone should make me consider printing Primo.

I guess the question should be, will this Z clear a 525 centre?

My 525 is assembled, but stored penidng a precision flat movable flat surface/cabinet/etc, a compromise that will let me mill/print a 12"+ wide slim computer case bezel (original use case for my build), and at least a couple months for the C version… Skipped the Burly centre.

Not really sure what you are asking.

Each version 25.4, 25. 23.5 should fit all the old mounts for the same burly version since you can still use the old tool mount system, you do not have to use the new one…but the pictures above should show why you would want to.

2 Likes

Is there a beta page somewhere if we want to build the beta for fun?

1 Like

I mean can I drop the Primo Z assembly into my 525 and still have it work? Or can I just replace my tool mount with Primo?

So far its not a open beta.:frowning:

1 Like

Nope. I’ve burned through a couple kilos of filament now on the beta so far.

2 Likes

I don’t know. I do not have a 525 to try it. I suggest you stick with the Z assembly for your build version.

I’m ready, put me in coach!

I think we are getting really close?? Last piece is probably this 660 mount and let us all get some more cuts under our belts.
I have a small idea to gain some more Y axis travel…turns out I really killed the work area in the Y.

3 Likes

I am ready to order a complete kit with printed parts etc… will you have pre-orders option…

Take my money please! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I volonteer, tubes are already here, so are a couple of ramps boards and stepper motors, just tell me how big to make it…

Take all the time that you need Ryan, as you know there will he 10s / 100s /1000s ? of 3D printers starting up the moment the drawings are shared.
It is better that we can keep the high quality that we have today than we get it before it is tested.

I am a very happy owner of a MPCNC

Following this thread with great intetrest and really looking forward to the new design. 3D printer is calibrated, levelled and fresh PLA in black and red is waiting :slight_smile:

10 Likes

hello!

any estimated time for release?

Not yet.

2 Likes

Well I seem to have murdered my 525 (with allthread), so rather than fix it or upgrade it to burly I’ll wait for primo. Gives me an excuse anyway :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’ll guess maybe a month.

You posted dual endstop limit switches separately from the main design (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2847042)

Did you remake these as well? Or will this be coming soon afterwards?

Completely different.

1 Like

Can someone do me a favor, pretty please.

How close does the 660 get to the 0,0 corner with my 660 mount on the burly? I Think measuring from the shaft to the corner would work, and it should be symmetrical. If you measure a different way let me know. I am trying to see if I gained or lost work area with the new mount.

If I was smart I would have kept my burly built so I can do these things myself.

From the inside edge of the foot (same footprint on both versions) to an 1/8" endmill, looks like 47mm

1 Like