New MPCNC for 2020! - Primo -

That is ideal!

I’m already building a second 3d printer, if I build a second mpcnc my wife would not be impressed.

Orrrrr would she!?!

6 Likes

Seeing as the two printers and the mpcnc are in the spare bedroom… no, no she would not.

2 Likes

I almost bought the black pipe as I couldn’t find the EMT. It was on the end past the all the plastic. I was like WTF? why is it not next to the metal ones. I then thought maybe so they wouldn’t get mixed up.

1 Like

Depending on your tetris skills…she just might be once you get it all fit in.

Then you build a lowrider for the bare floor.

3 Likes

Well this is a welcome surprise, procrastinate for 2 years about building my own cnc router and now there is going to be a new version out before I even get parts in for the old version. Is it a better idea to wait a little longer for the newest versions files to come out or just print the original and when plastic is available again to make the new one?

2 Likes

Print it henry! I just finished mine last week. You won’t regret it. Like everyone keeps saying, the new build is still testing so don’t rush in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay, that’s all I really need to hear.

1 Like

Build it. Can be months before it is release. And you won’t be disappointed with the current version. It is freaking awesome!

2 Likes

Sorry EMT will be what you want didn’t mean to confuse glad you didn’t get the wrong thing

You could always just procrastinate another two years and get the next next version.

3 Likes

Just order a batch from Aliexpress. They should be with you by the time the files are released and you have the parts printed.

Updated the first post since this thread is getting large!

5/14/20 - The beta team has been waiting for hardware to arrive and is starting to assemble the base, corners and trucks. Once we verify or fix any issues we can move on to the center. I am trying to make the Z clamps a little more interesting before they are ready to print. Next milestone is releasing a blank tool mount so everyone can start designing.
I did find some issues with the corners and trucks and fixed them. Really hoping this beta test will make for a smooth release. Getting super excited prints are coming out great.

19 Likes

A little more interesting functionally, or aesthetically?

Aesthetically. I made a build so I can bring it to MRRF, nothing fancy after the center. Just needed it functional (like a kickstarter project). That would buy me a little time to make things nicer. So now I am trying to put a little more time into it.

7 Likes

is the DeWalt DW 660 still the choice to use? The green store doesn’t carry them, the orange store is out (delivery only), haven’t tried the blue store yet. Or I can just get it on Amazon.

I have never seen it in stock in the blue or orange stores. I got mine (two of them) on Amazon.

1 Like

We have two different orange stores here, one is more… rural focused. It carries it in stock. The other, I haven’t been in there when looking. The blue store usually has a spot for them, but doesn’t always have them, and does the green store even carry DeWalt? And I haven’t even been in a red store in years…

I don’t know if Amazon’s getting back up to speed on shipping times but both the blue and orange stores offer free shipping to stores for pick-up and it might be quicker than Amazon these days if they list the 660 as available.