New MPCNC for 2020! - Primo -

It’s still 2 weeks for “2 day” stuff for me.

Hey, they’re getting better! I had a one week Prime trial and when I tried to order some filament it was gonna be three weeks. I don’t know how the blue & orange stores are pricewise but if someone needs a DW660 they may well get it more quickly from them.

I ordered the 660 from amazon earlier this week and got it today. Though I do have a fulfillment center about an hour away from me.

Took two weeks to get mine, delivered a week ago. I was just a bit peeved when I ordered filament and the original listing said something like in stock, order today and it’d be here in 2-3 days which quickly turned to 3 weeks.

It has been really hit or miss. You need to be careful even when buying stuff with the prime checkbox, because if it isn’t shipped by amazon, it won’t get there in two days (and the amazon stuff sometimes is a little late too). I also have a distribution center close-by too, in Denver. I have also used amazon now once or twice. That worked fine, but they have been booked solid since the stay at home order.

The higher quality endmill bit I ordered to finally cut some aluminum plate for the 3d printer I’m working on arrived, but the cutting fluid I ordered at the same time says Thursday next week. :-/

I find it funny that we use store colors instead of names…now I am confused about the 2nd orange store.

@kvcummins The green store does not carry DeWalt at all, just their own brand, a slightly better version of their own brand, and I don’t recall the others…and i forgot about the red store (TV?).

The place with the helpful folks.

True Value/Ace Hardware are the same stores, just branded differently.

True value is not the same as Ace. I thought Ace had bought them out. I was wrong.

Forgot about true value!

Ace is a Co-op, a majority of the stores are small self owned and operated business, once you sign up for it, you need to follow their rules and some store design.
The deal is that as a Co-op, you buy in bulk, making then somewhat competitive with all the “color megastores”.
The only reason I know is because a friend of mine is a district Manager for Ace Hardware.
PS: Not sure about True Value…

I had a dream last night that the new release was out and I was so excited… Then I woke up.

6 Likes

Maybe we can get @vicious1 to release a couple pieces, like one of the motor mounts so we can print it and go oooh and aaah until more stuff is ready.

2 Likes

Well, I am just down to working on the tool mount stuff at this point.

There seems to be some captured nut uncertainties. So releasing anything at this point is not a good idea if they all need to get changed.

2 Likes

I guess things are a little nuts right now. :smiley:

2 Likes

you could design a logo piece that just clips on someplace and release that…

3 Likes

Caliboobs are always fun to print…

1 Like

I summon the power of the crew…I need some brain power here people.

I have an idea.

I am working on tool mounts.

Since this new system does not have all the screw holes in the tool plate I do not think there is any reason to have a full height adapter plate. We need the adapter plate so the tool mounts fit all sized rails but why print 110mm tall plate when we really only need like two 20mm pieces? Anything I am missing?

The longer part is on the bottom…we might need the bottom edge for support. Most tools actually mount a lot higher up. So I think It might be a good idea to move the lower mount holes up even. The only actual downside is anyone wanting to use the same rails…will need to drill two more holes.

You’re the mechanical mastermind. But will it twist more than the longer tool mount? Seems like it might be easier to shim for perpendicular.

1 Like

This is one of those things. Simple two small pieces makes the most sense to me. Feels like I am missing something.

As for moving the holes, I just took some pictures.