New MK4 is out!

Almost like family!

I can’t help but feel like the whole 3d printing community is a little over entitled. Like it’s any brands obligation to constantly innovate. As the top comment says: perhaps it’s not a good idea to get emotionally attached to a brand, both in a positive and negative way.

Edit 2: wow!! I’m looking around the internet for initial reactions to the mk4. It’s amazing and scaring how strong emotions people are showing! No wonder there’s wars.

3 Likes

His wife works for nasa and they live in Huntsville. So he has access to a lot of aerospace machine shops. He gets “offcuts” from them for cheap. A lot of these places an offcut is like foot square chunks of 7075! They also make parts for other printers.

1 Like

What do you think about Creality K1 Max?

Wow! There’s certainly plenty of competition in the field at the moment. The launch price seems like a bargain. I’m not sure about the details though, what size is the print bed, has it got auto z height tuning, etc etc. And I don’t know much about Crealitys business model, their support and so on. But I’m sure this will be an interesting addition to the scene.

I am hoping to fetch an okay price for my Mini, Prusa made them 80€ more expensive after I bought mine. :smiley: It‘s the first batch though, so no +, but still, 300 seems realistic.

1 Like

I’ve gotten the Revo hotend and three revo nozzles for my mk3, so I think that can justify upping the price a little. I might get more on the open market than for my father-in-law, so perhaps it’s for the better :smiley:

1 Like

Almost two weeks in and with a few actual reports coming through on the Mk4 (will someone please explain that the “Mk” is an abbreviation for “Mark” i.e. “Mark Four” not “M.K.4”), the worst of the abuse seems to have settled. Will Creality cop it now I wonder, with it’s Bambu Clone? The bots are no doubt about to get busy once again!

Ahh it’s a fickle old world, that one in which YouTube commentators live. All is forgiven:- The conspiracy theorists might ask if Prusa found out where his children go to school! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Thomas Sandeler also did a video and if he can use it if should be idiot proof also. :sweat_smile::yum:
Besides that, it was pretty informative and well done.

1 Like

My favourite part of his “live stream” as he dismantles the extruder without a clue of how it works. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Honestly, it’s nice that people can change their opinions - but I feel unwary about the strong emotions and tribalism that’s all over the place! And this Sanladerer guy, life’s too short!

2 Likes

[quote=“Turbinbjorn, post:71, topic:37502, username:turbinbjorn”]
the strong emotions and tribalism th
[/quote] That’s really the problem, and not at all in my sphere of comprehension.

It’s all very scary and quite a bit like football violence to me except that the online perpetrators are even more cowardly.

1 Like

Now I am poor. Had to borrow lots of money from the wife… :smiley:

3 Likes

Shoot. I just got the email… can’t make up my mind. I’ve spent a lot of money lately. It just feels so wrong in this economic situation. But then again - we need to have a little fun in this dreadful world - don’t we?!? :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

Yes, fun! :slight_smile: I now have -840€ that I have to pay back to our joint account, but I am okay with that. Going to sell the Mini later and my Warhammer Miniatures I haven’t played with in 20 years. :smiley: Do you need a Vampire Army, 2500 points? :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley: I actually have heads up from Ryan to sell v1-prints here in Norway. Perhaps I can make this an excuse to actually put out some ads and start production!

7 Likes

Then it’s a business expense :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Definitely, it seems to be nearly as twice as fast as the MK3.

Indeed, and it’s much less of a hassle to chew out a big batch of PLA-prints when changing back from PETG and powdered sheet doesn’t demand that tedious z height adjustment. I try to reuse the same offsets, but they rarely work. Having the full auto z height seems amazing. And the future possibilities with the load cell sensor is exciting!

2 Likes

Agreed. As I maybe stated above, the old Mini (not the +) has got a sensor that has different readings depending on temperature, leading me to having calibrate Z for every print, often restarting them. Really, really annoying. I could have bought a new sensor for 30€, but I wanted a bigger print bed also. The printer ran 20 days in the last 2 years, half of them being MPCNCs. And I am using it more and more in the last few months, printing presents and stuff. :slight_smile:

Have you considered building a MP3DPv4? :smiley:

1 Like