New MK4 is out!

Honestly - not needing to worry about z height ever again, is a selling point good enough for me :laughing:

2 Likes

If I could get one overnight I wouldn’t have to worry about my hotend clog either! :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I’m sure DHL has an option for people in dire need, like you :wink: but I don’t know about Prusa’s lead time though…

I have had an order in for the upgrade kit for quite a while and i got this the other day…

SIGH.
luckly i can use the brother bambu for anything ugent.

I’m not sure if you’ve checked a calendar lately, but the end of August is only two weeks away! Woohoo!

Now if you’d like a quick trip to the Sunny Coast - I have a Mk3 that needs unclcgging! :smiley:

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

2 Likes

Input Shaper RC Firmware:

2 Likes

I unscrewed the two screws, took out the fan, gave it a look and put everything back in place. Installed 5.0.0RC and now it’s less noisy. Who knows what was the fault! :smile:

2 Likes

Mother of Jeebus. The upload speed in 5.0.0RC is slower than the morse code I did as a boy scout!

Facebook knows - I’ll send you a link to a group there who can tell you! :smiley:

1 Like

Upload to the printer has always been really slow, also for the Mini, even with a cable.

Remember that we’re talking Norway there. Sunrise to sunset by the time he got from the crest of that rise to the beach. Just a South-facing beach, and you get sunrise and sunset in just a few minutes. Perfect for ADHD naturalists (not naturists; that’s just making things easier for the polar bears by unwrapping the snacks).

1 Like

Well ackchyually it is a north-facing beach where sunrise/sunset occur in summer.

And my upload speed is pretty awful too (over ethernet, no wifi). But at least I can click ‘start print after transfer’ and save myself the 20 seconds or whatever.

I’ve done some dual-color prints on the first layer only, for name tags, and it is super easy; barely an inconvenience. Even more than two colors would be no big deal, though I haven’t had a need for that yet.

1 Like

Weeeell - acchhtually achtually - you can choose where you want the sun to go down, by finding the right time in autumn or spring. OR - you can choose to stay without sun (great for people who love darkness, cold and general misery) or being in the sun ALL DAY AND NIGHT (great for people who are afraid of the dark). Our cabin/holiday house is position such a way in the landscape, that at mid summer, the sun is shining 24/7. Usually it feels magical, but it can be quite frustrating when the kids sleep rythm is all over the place.

The upload speed was better with alpha4, but dropped significantly with RC.

I agree on all the quality of life improvements, they are great! But I miss octoprint… I liked the push notifications and all the small possibilities octoprint gives. I haven’t looked into all the options yet.

2 Likes

I assumed you were all just experts in blackout curtains/blinds. Ikea sells some automated one that work with Home assistant…with a privacy curtain over the top of them, they can be great to keep the rhythm in the summer. You need automatic lights in the winter though.

Being smarter than the average bear, I knew that the shorter/non-existent daylight hours would be in winter, when the sun rises and sets in the South, possibly within degrees of itself. Also, being North of the Tropic of Cancer, the sun will always set in the Southern half of the sky, anyway. To really get the North/South dichotomy of sun travel you need to be in the equatorial belt between the tropics. mic drop

edit: Thanks to Peter’s reply, I realized how hemispherically biased my post was. For the painfully unaware, I am located in the US, and our ecumenical shellfisherman (Turbo-Bjorn :wink: ) is in the Nordic states, both firmly above the Tropic of Cancer (wherever that may be this year, as it’s technically variable). So, to those of you below the aforementioned Tropic (and perhaps in some other ungodly arrangement of latitudes), you have my apologies (and sympathies).

I’m not sure if it’s just a built-in compass (mostly this is a boy thing), but as someone who has lived in that belt for most of his life, it’s taken almost 15 years of half a year in alternative hemispheres for my subconscious compass to sort itself out when visiting the northern one.

I don’t know how you blokes up there navigate at all with the sun in absolutely the wrong direction! :smiley:

This is incorrect. Think about being north of the Arctic circle, where a day comes when the sun does not set at all. It will always be south at noon but its closest approach to the horizon on the day it does not set at all will be due north.

The same holds true with north/south reversed and in the southern hemisphere. In Australia at noon, the sun will always be to the north, but in December it will rise/set south of the east/west line.

SIGH, yes, but from that i am going to assume that EVERYONE is delayed and I was not anywhere near the first batch. I just “ripped the bandaid off” and checked the website and
-=-=-=-=-=-
To avoid potential confusion, we decided to temporarily remove the shipping table from this article until we will be able to ship MK4 upgrades to everybody.
-=-=-=-=-=-

So who the hell knows. I like the fact they own up to it and sent out the email. I am a bit lucky that the brother has that marvellous BAMBU for me to use.

Slightly off topic (lol)
does anyone here have the new MMU3 for the prusa? just wondering is the bugs have been ironed out yet?

With the bordering shit the boss is pulling atm (bordering on harassment and bullying) I could use a holiday. Needless to say I am for another ship to jump too. I HATE every day here at the moment.

SIGH, enough with the pitty party, that is a “ME” problem and I am taking steps to move on.
I hope you all, where every you are, are having a great day!

2 Likes

Absolutely spot-on. The blue line is the Summer Solstice, the Red the Winter Solstice and the yellow now. and note we are 3 and a bit degrees south of the tropic of Capricorn which is very roughly 400 kilometres.