New LR3 in the Midwest!

I built a Primo several years ago. Went quite well, got my feet wet and got me hungry for more. Now I am going for a full sheet low rider. I didn’t do a build log on my Primo build, but I have come to realize I really enjoy browsing the forums so I thought I better add to the content rather than just take!

I did go a little lazy on the color scheme. Its all black. Crazy. I know. I am going to add some some parts in an orange to give it some flair I think though. Although this Sunlu Matte Black is quickly one of my favorite colors to print with. Some parts are done. Just started the core. Hopefully all goes well tonight.

Somehow I am still doing all of the printing on Ender 3’s. Im hoping to upgrade those in the very near future. I have proven to myself I will be printing for a long long time to come so I think its valid to upgrade at this point. Not sure what to do with my Enders though. Sell? Voron upgrade? Something completely off the wall?

Build kit just arrived today as well!

Thanks yall!

3 Likes

Processing: IMG_2217.JPG…

2 Likes

Throw some LEDs on it!!!

Parts are looking good. The LR3 is an amazing machine! Have done a lot with my 2!!

1 Like

YES! I was reading another post and it gave me an idea for LEDs and I think I will have to! Practical and flashy!

2 Likes

Very well could have been my post. I have them on both of my LR3s lol

Which control board did you go with?

You should see mine right now. Going with the “get it done” mindset. Using a bunch of scrap colors to reprint some things that broke. One day I’ll have the nack to make it fancy!

1 Like

Well Ryan gave me a small heart attach when I saw this logo:

Because I thought I had screwed up and ordered the wrong one. Jackpot is what I wanted.

Thankfully that is what I got!

2 Likes

Yeah I hear ya. Decision fatigue gets me sometimes. Black matches everything. Its a design feature! :wink:

I believe Ryan sources the TMC 2209s from BTT, and he’s good at reusing packaging materials to avoid unnecessary waste.

The Jackpot I just received was in a box that had no logo but looked suspiciously like a BTT black box as well.

1 Like

ALL THE LEDS! I’m working on adding some to my gantry this week, too. Bling!

2 Likes

Ooooo. You got the new pretty blue one!!

Ok since you have the jackpot you’ll have to grab another esp32 and run WLED to control your LEDs. That’s how I have it on both my machines. Works really well. Also hoping to integrate some button presses by gcode to activate presets in WLED so we can still control things

1 Like

I am all about it! I just panicked cause I thought I screwed up. I had been going back and forth about which to get, adding and deleting and so I thought I just mashed checkout and didn’t check. Crisis averted!

1 Like

I think having LEDs on the gantry pointing down towards the workpiece is just a plain duh. It’ll make monitoring so much easier. I dont know why I didn’t think of that.

1 Like

Does that attach to the jackpot or is it just completely separate?

1 Like

I pull 5v power from the jackpot to run the second esp32 but that’s it for now. Soon I hope to have an output from the jackpot to the esp32 for button presses to change presets.

I have lights behind the front strut. Under the bottom strut and under my acrylic YZ plates

You could also power the second ESP32 with a buck converter if you’re using a 12/24V switching power supply instead of a power brick to power your Jackpot. I have a 12V power supply, so I am following this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbhdH-qSANc. The only difference is that my converter plugs into the micro USB port of the WLED ESP32 instead of connecting to pins.

3 Likes

You know how much extra time you just cost me? Hahahaha

Side note. How have the acrylic YZ plates been treating you? I have a laser so I can cut those on that and it looks pretty dope. They look thicker than 1/2" though? Mind if I ask what they cost that thick?

1 Like

They are 1/2”. I wish I could have laser cut them but currently only have a diode laser (CO2 in the planning stages lol). So mine were cut on the LR3. I’m running them in both of my machines and they work great. I had them on my old LR2 as well. Got it from Amazon and was able to get both plates out of one piece

https://a.co/d/3NxbGoF

That’s awesome! Much cheaper than I thought. I would imagine 1/2" acrylic would be as rigid as 1/2" MDF. Has that been discussed?

I mean for an Ender 3V2 that I have had for years, its hard to argue. I’ve still convinced myself I’m allowed to upgrade but shesh. One shot, over night, looking pretty good if you ask me.

3 Likes