New Lowrider Wheels in pla

Hi all🥇

Maybe this is crazy, but i will test If it works good. Printed in 60mm/sec with pla.

4 Likes

Do they still work for roller hockey? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Probably going to need bumpers along the length of your table. PLA won’t be as sticky as urethane wheels.

2 Likes

If you’re going to do that, might as well print one V groove set and run on a piece of metal angle at 45 degrees. Perfect tracking everytime.

4 Likes

I’m sure I’ve seen a model somewhere that had PLA center and TPU “tire”.

1 Like

Hi. Can find it bro?

1 Like

I made these plastic wheels with TPU tires to wrap around them for that wind up toy car that used O-rings. I never go around to finish printing all the parts for this mod. The rear plastic wheels are 46mm OD, but could easily be changed to a larger size. This would probably be a good design to redo in fusion 360 to make it easier to change. This design is currently in openscad. I have been looking into making some sort of plotter for large sheets of paper & like the idea of some of the ones I have seen on openbuilds that roll on the flat surface. For what I want to use it for, it does not have to be real accurate. the problem I do have printing these tires is the seam between layers as you can see on a couple of the tires. I have seen a video where cura slicer can solve that problem by putting the layer seam inside, but have not tried that yet.

1 Like

I have not used cura in a while but for that in my slicer I have random, nearest, fastest. Random is what that needs.

Looks pretty fun so far, I like the style.

1 Like

Im using random everytime, and its very good. I print my last wheel just Now. And its for test only, offcourse i will buy real Wheels, but i must try this. Pictures tomorrow, and later when Lowrider gets :heart:Dirty​:heart:

1 Like

I will have to change that to random & see how well it works. I have tried that before, but not in quite a while. I will definitely try again. I am still using Slic3r Prusa Edition 1.41.3

1 Like

I switch to Cura Now, using Simplify3D many years. Cura always takes 3x longer time to print with. Its strange , but its very good quality when its finished

1 Like