New Firmware for V1 Year 5

The info for this is spread out over a long time and many threads. If you would like I can start to link them all here. @anttix and @jeffeb3 worked out an automated system for maintaining the firmware we use.

Quick highlights

• We get access to daily, bleeding edge builds for every single variation…for multiple Marlin branches as well.
  • We get “releases” that I put a stamp on for that stable user experience.
  • We get way more options for boards, endstops, setups, and configurations. Ease of use for advanced options…more to come.
  • I don’t have to actually do as much work (fingers crossed) for each release.
  • Firmware bin files come out pre-compiled for the SKR pro.
  • Any real Marlin edits that cause an issue will be caught within 24hrs…no more trying to track down a several month old change.

The downside…We need you guys to flash and test them!!! Feel free to submit a Pull Request of just let us know here if you find any issues. I would really appreciate a little note saying what firmware you tried and what you did to test it.

“EG…V502, V1CNC_Archim1-2.0.6-src.zip, small wood part milled, seems good to go”

3 Likes

Bleeding edge,

these are for you to use, but I don’t think reporting issues on these is too useful as they change daily.

2 Likes