Neat!

Am I really the only one who sees a kid putting their finger through the hole, and having a sibling yank the cross-member out? At least, it’s a big, round hole, and the kid’s more likely to just get a broken bone or bruise than a slice taken out of their finger…

Definitely needs a safety peg of some sort to prevent curious appendages and malicious chaos gremlins from inflicting GBH on one another…

1 Like

Well yeah, some of these holes are already painted red on the inside, he really did think this through you see! :wink:

Shhh… I was trying not to be mean! :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

Those beams though…

Reminded me a lot of the “dual LR3 on the same rails” that was discussed in the idex topic at some point
I’m still debating adding a second simpler fixed-z carriage on mine for laser

1 Like

Ahahahaha, i was just watching that earlier today! In my head I was thinking, wow that looks expensive!

I posted it before I watched it. And as I was watching and saw he was using carbon fiber rods I could already hear Ryan saying thats not going to last! LOL

It is a neat concept and will be interesting to see where he takes it from here.

At least his bearings are made to run on a tube. That’ll help.

3 Likes

Man that is too cool.

And tasty!

They’re tiny here! My dog was bigger than this one.

5 video series of 3D printing a piston for a 4 wheeler. I thought it was pretty interesting and had a way different outcome than I expected

2 Likes

Man I hate TikTok - no way that I can find to just rip through to the key moments!
This is way off track, but seriously, even though there’s some sort of conflict going on - even though it’s not half of 110, Garage54 has to be the best Auto Channel on Youtube.

3 Likes

https://fabrikisto.com/tailmaker-software/

Here it is, the software to make dovetails with flat boards, no vertical needed. Didn’t try it yet though but looks promising so far. :slight_smile:

Here is the proof it works

and a box he made

Looks stunning. :slight_smile:

1 Like
3 Likes

Nice!

I’ve seen “Scarf joint seams” has also been implemented in Orca, very promising

2 Likes
1 Like

I haven’t done dovetails at all and here is this guy doing them from metal:

2 Likes

Just watched that one yesterday.