Neat!

• www.Duet3d.com Closed loop Nema 23 or 34, with or without brake (auto enables when de-energized). Easy serial daisy chain wiring up.
  • Data collection (API and/or service?) enabling anomaly/tolerance/drift detection of individual devices, or across a fleet (outlier/maintenance detection…).
  • CANBus module for E3D Roto, includes acc sensor, misc connectors, and bed Z probe capable of 420 points < 10sec yo!
1 Like

This is definitely one for the “Neat!” thread:

@jamiek , can you replicate his software? :smiley:

1 Like

Well, I have a decent starting point (from 2019)

Separately, I have thought about what might be possible with undercuts using a ball-end mill that’s larger than the shank, but I haven’t had any compelling ideas. And I never thought about combining the two ideas for dovetail joints.

A half-cylinder top surface of the fingers and a vertical cylindrical space between the fingers is simple enough. The tricky part is the compound curve on the top surface of the fingers near the root. In my video I cheated and cut away extra material, but I think I have a solution for that surface which I tested in foam.

5 Likes

He just replied on YouTube that he is working on it now and it might take a month or two (if at all).

Lasercut wedged joint, Neat!

De Hamerverbinding. Een nieuwe laserbare no-screw-no-glue houtverbinding

6 Likes

Do you think this is possible on the LR3?

3 Likes

Yes, not at this size though unless you don’t bother roughing the outside and just sand it later. Just do the cavity and locating pins. I would say a 1/4" ball end might work well for a longer depth like that. The finishing pass will need to be a very small stopover. Interested to see how it goes. I guess I should take a look at that vid.

1 Like

Yeah, I can get the rough shape with other tools I think.

I’ll add it to the list. Probably will be a while before I try though

Pretty neat, also a commercial… but he created a 3D printed screw counter as well @vicious1. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Yea, we have a thread about that around here somewhere.

For the price of a LR3 you can have vacuum work holding.

BTW love this YT channel

2 Likes

Ok now i had Nooooo idea that a vacuum table sucks THROUGH mdf!!! I always thought it was the channel that held the wood down!! I feel so simple now!!

Yea, you need a good vac for the through the mdf function.

Ha yeah I immediately watched that video too after the one I posted to see if I could make one.

Maybe Ryan will make us a mostly printed vacuum hold down

1 Like

Did you never have a look at my vacuum table build? Shame!!! :smiley:

This was the first try with the Primo:

The new one works with a sidechannel blower and is pretty great as long as the MDF is flat and does not have too many groves. Those kill all the suction quickly. :frowning: Also, it does only work for sheets, small parts are not held as well as in his video. I don‘t know how he can achieve this insane suction for small pieces.

1 Like

Sounds like vacuum table envy :rofl:

A bit, yeah. Though mine is sucking air through 17.5mm MDF. :yum: And cost 250 Euro instead of like 800. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We have a couple CNCs at work that have vacuum tables and we use these vacuum cards to prevent cutting into the table. I wonder if there is a hobby equivalent of this that you could use?

Wow, those are expensive. :scream:

Automated 3d printed part extraction, mostly though software modification

5 Likes