Neat!

Yea, we have a thread about that around here somewhere.

For the price of a LR3 you can have vacuum work holding.

BTW love this YT channel

2 Likes

Ok now i had Nooooo idea that a vacuum table sucks THROUGH mdf!!! I always thought it was the channel that held the wood down!! I feel so simple now!!

Yea, you need a good vac for the through the mdf function.

Ha yeah I immediately watched that video too after the one I posted to see if I could make one.

Maybe Ryan will make us a mostly printed vacuum hold down

1 Like

Did you never have a look at my vacuum table build? Shame!!! :smiley:

This was the first try with the Primo:

The new one works with a sidechannel blower and is pretty great as long as the MDF is flat and does not have too many groves. Those kill all the suction quickly. :frowning: Also, it does only work for sheets, small parts are not held as well as in his video. I don‘t know how he can achieve this insane suction for small pieces.

1 Like

Sounds like vacuum table envy :rofl:

A bit, yeah. Though mine is sucking air through 17.5mm MDF. :yum: And cost 250 Euro instead of like 800. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We have a couple CNCs at work that have vacuum tables and we use these vacuum cards to prevent cutting into the table. I wonder if there is a hobby equivalent of this that you could use?

Wow, those are expensive. :scream:

Automated 3d printed part extraction, mostly though software modification

5 Likes

I like that one, I was not expecting built in tooling.

Yeah, they are very proud of everything they sell. Everything seems to be on the high end. But what do you expect from a German company? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But I was wondering if you could use something like this instead.

https://www.amazon.com/Inches-Point-Kraft-Chipboard-Sheets/dp/B07KFQGXV5/ref=asc_df_B07KFQGXV5/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241983553657&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4033182664157382790&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9028269&hvtargid=pla-580976771205&psc=1&mcid=c1b8a1ae175139aab19213348ffcb62f&gclid=Cj0KCQiAj_CrBhD-ARIsAIiMxT9krKCk7plZhAz9K_kspsi3AMn1sVtWzcw1YRP1YVr7KfBl2Ptea38aAscREALw_wcB

Or I could just plane my spoilboard 36 times and then buy a new one. Suction is also going to be better. the thinner it is. :stuck_out_tongue:

Touché! But big sheets of MDF are heavy. :grin:

The Kongsburg machines I used to be around had either a felt sheet, or a vinyl sheet with holes in it. Their table tops were steel though.

3 Likes

Neat how (for internet connected devices) the library can minimize overhead to 50kb by having webui load resources from GitHub instead of burdening/consuming Esp32 mem.

I have to try this one… :smiley:

It might be doable with just Fusion 360 CAM too

Made a quick design in F360…

And the associated CAM

Male part, nothing too special here…

Female part - 3D adaptative cleaning with a straight bit

Female part - 3D ramp with a lollipop mill

The last operation is not perfectly adjusted yet, I need to work on this a little bit…
But you can see in simulation the ball correctly goes inside the dovetail

4 Likes

Or you could do a cutout in your table - and I thought I was a bit obsessive…

1 Like