Neat!

Some neat ideas, including negative thread angles. Wonder if they’re cambered as well?

Funny hyperbole intro and CNC Kitchen cameo.

4 Likes

After watching, I feel compelled to say, “Neat!”

I was just about to post that! His other videos have some cool stuff too!

1 Like

Anyone tried closed loop motors controller on lr3/mpcnc yet?
https://creapunk.com/

1 Like

I have seen these and have wondered about them a lot.

@Fabien , @forcerouge tried adding a Chinese version to his printer but ran into some software limitations/issues if I recall correctly.

You might be able to check out his thread to get some ideas.

This is a neat process. I wonder if it is possible to shrink it to hobby sized problems. I hear a lot about how special the software is and I wonder if an open source solution could blow it up.

8 Likes

Ok here’s the game plan…

@vicious1 comes up with a 3d printed dual 7 axis cnc machine that can deform steel and aluminum and might be able to bend titanium. He uses off the shelf hardware and costs under $1000. He insists that nema 17 motors at 12v will have plenty of torque. It will still require constant grub screw tightening.

@jeffeb3 creates a minimalistic but totally functional software that handles all the maths required to run this beast, free totally open sourced, and offers free technical support and customizations.

The rest of us create really cool coasters and cornhole boards but really we just need the machine to help build Ryan’s next creation.

Can we get it shipping for Christmas?

3 Likes

Run engraver on both sides, they way you are not pushing so hard, just lots of tiny hammering. Loud but cheaper.

3 Likes

The scan and adjust feature must be some insane software. That is automated CAM…at least that part seems the most insane.

2 Likes

We can ship it by Christmas. I won’t commit to which year though.

We have to start small though. The first version will be aluminum foil. Then the users will push it to a 4x4 build and start breaking steel.

1 Like
3 Likes

Sweet new Pi 5 ! As excited as I am, guessing the Scalpers are drooling over this one even more than us.

1 Like

There’s also a thread about this here

The preorders are oriented towards individuals. Hopefully large stock volume going to scalpers won’t be the case.
I’ve had a little birdie tell me that a local distributer here in CO will have a decent amount in stock in their first batch.

It’s also worth noting that in the last few weeks the availability of Pi4Bs and CM4s has been REALLY good at least in the US.

1 Like

This is a nice video for someone like me that is scared to cut metal still.

They also try and sell this drag bit every video. Anyone try something similar?

6 Likes

That is a good video, nice!

Haha imagine having to hold a fan over your portable CNC (from instagram)

That little bot is pretty cool though.
Still prefer this one for a mobile cnc.

8 Likes

Ok that is pretty imaginative there!! Wonder how it would do on Battlebots :wink:

Sebastian Staacks (@DiConX@mastodon.social) - Mastodon

Check out the wooden gameboy!

1 Like