Mpcnc custom

Hi there hope you all cool do need a little help as I running a print farm I wanted to build my own printer so I got a mpcnc and I turn in to a fully custom one and it stand at 6ft tall prob 4 feet wide it got 6 stepper motors and if there anyone that can point me in the right direction would amazing what it is the whole thing is build but I genuinely don’t understand how to code and what board do I need and so on is there like a pre setup board or software as I have a go on Vs code and it a mine field many thanks

Okay… So what I am getting here is that you built an MPCNC into a ginormous 3D printer, and need firmware that works for it…

The SKR Pro 1.2 is probably the closest thing to ready for this. It has 6 channels, so it could handle all 6, and still give you the dual end-stop functionality for homing all 5 axes.

You will need to do something about the Z axis, since there is no built-in provision for an end stop there, but if you have one on your print head, that should do.

The firmware will need to be recompiled, at least, since the SKR Pro firmware does not by default have an extruder defined, but it could be done.

Alternately, if you wanted to use a Duet board, I could probably help you get RepRap Firmware for the Duet configured for an MPCNC with an extruder. Probably could manage something like a BLTouch probe.

That’s an ambitious project. I don’t think I would ever have the patience to work with such a large format 3D printer myself.

1 Like

Thank you Buddy it.a massive printer the end stop are on the the bar and if you could help me with the software that would be all cool i pay u aswell if that ok with

RepRap Firmware

Okay.

You need 6 drivers, so you could do the Duet 3 6HC, or the mini 5 with the 2 channel.add-on board.

I’m not using the SBC connection, and haven’t configured that.

The configuratuon is different for the different boards, so let me know which you would want

Ok Buddy I think the duet board with 6 think I go for I looking getting the kit