MPCNC build in Norway

Time to present my build. I ordered my first part in may '23 and started printing the parts. Used 0.12 layer height that gave a good finish. Had plenty of time anyway waiting for parts.

Finally the last 2 weeks i have had some progress

Today I finally had my first cut with it.

What do you use to “glue” the cable connections on the SKR. I have several times got bad connection that has lead to not moving stepper motors

Build looks awesome! One thing noticed right away that I would be concerned with…

I would open this up some. That is going to trap a lot of heat being closed off like that. That looks a lot like a Vevor spindle. I run the same one and used the stock Makita mount with no issues at all. I would be worried with all of that extra you have. Its really not needed at all.

I’m going to put my money on you missed this step in the docs…

Pull those covers off and you shouldn’t have any more problems. If you still want to glue them down then hot glue is about the best option. But if you don’t pull the covers off even hot gluing them you will still have issues.

1 Like

Thanks

I was actually Thinking about the spindel mount today, That it does not help on the cooling of the spindel.

You Are right I missed that step inn the docs. I Will have a look at it next Time Im in the garage

Ryan if you see this can you put this thread under My builds, guess you have some admin privilege.