MP3DP V4 Build

:slightly_frowning_face: ugh, frustrating. Seems like something that will irk someone enough to get fixed/improved.

Is there something I can do to fix/improve or are you referring to Octoprint/BTT?

This is my first CoreXY and the bed dropping behavior bothers me.

Save config change, restart or whatever and suddenly the bed drops and has to be homed and recalibrated again. PITA. Feels like a regression coming from an Ender, imo, ideally bed should hold it’s own between resets, through software and/or physically (pulley/counterweight?)

There are boards that when powered down they short the coils. That drastically slows falling. You can put soft stops at the bottom to cushion the drop.

After tuning though, my farm basically never has a bed fall. The print finishes and the bed parks. Power failures are almost nonexistent for me.

1 Like

The other option is a lead/ball screw, then you have to fight banding. https://youtu.be/4kQZnSzZHD0

That illustrates my belt choice pretty clearly.

2 Likes

Im thinking i went the wrong direction…

I moved them the opposite direction…

Something isnt making sense to me…

Is that moving the one Y rail, or Tape on the bed?

Moved the Y rails. now in both directions. Didn’t make a difference.

Just took large zip ties out of my ambilocal. Its just loosie goosy now. Running it again to see if that changes anything.

After loosing the ambilocal…

Man I am so beyond frustrated. Im fixing to go take this sign off the LR3 so it will be available to cut out another panel. I only have enough on hand to make 1 more. @vicious1 Which panel do you think is most important?

I don;t think that is it, panels can make it easier but corner brackets are more than enough.

Put a couple layers of tape on the bed in one of the corners, lets just make sure the grid moves.

I have no idea what the heck is going on. You have had all the hiccups. I find it odd that your mesh is so extremely stable. It is really pointing at a wonky bed, but you have set it on a flat surface and proved it was pretty flat.

Ok ill give that a shot and report back

This is par for the course for me. I’ve got a sign on the LR3 right now that I have been working on since last time home. and its headed to the burn pile. compounding mistakes and now what started as a beautiful 8/4 board there isn’t enough left to fix it anymore. Time to start over. Such is my life. I truly apologize for dragging you though the mud with me on this 3DP but I also want to thank you and everyone else for doing everything possible to help me with it! I know these problems aren’t in your design. They have all been self inflected. Its just a pain figuring them out and fixing them

I have no issues helping. I learn all the time working through this stuff. Wish I could be there and get my hands on it.

1 Like

MEEEE TOOO lol. I was just thinking if I was rich i would load this thing in a box and ship it to you with a return label and a blank check and pay you to fix it for me LOL. But that would aggravate me to somewhat. I like being able to figure things out and fix them myself. Probably why nothing every gets fixed around here LOL

ok tape installed… Hopefully this is what you meant.

Looks like i put it in the high corner. Going to move it to the opposite back corner and try again

Edit because im an idiot…I think i put the tape too far back and it didnt even effect the probe… :man_facepalming:

Try to catch 2-4 points.

1 Like

Moved it forward on the same side. Not sure if i caught 1 or 2…but will run it again…

fwiw, took me while to figure out whether to move bed/frame/rails up or down. Doing so at 1-3am didn’t help clarify things either.

Shared a shim that helped me have more confidence in how the linear rails were mounted.

I still don’t have an ideal way to figure out if the frame is square. Have been using my better than nothing framing square through out assembly.

1 Like

Ran it one more time and this time I stood there and made sure none of the wires had any effect on it. I held them in the exact same place for each point so i knew that wouldnt have any effect on the reading…