MP3DP V4 Build

MEEEE TOOO lol. I was just thinking if I was rich i would load this thing in a box and ship it to you with a return label and a blank check and pay you to fix it for me LOL. But that would aggravate me to somewhat. I like being able to figure things out and fix them myself. Probably why nothing every gets fixed around here LOL

ok tape installed… Hopefully this is what you meant.

Looks like i put it in the high corner. Going to move it to the opposite back corner and try again

Edit because im an idiot…I think i put the tape too far back and it didnt even effect the probe… :man_facepalming:

Try to catch 2-4 points.

1 Like

Moved it forward on the same side. Not sure if i caught 1 or 2…but will run it again…

fwiw, took me while to figure out whether to move bed/frame/rails up or down. Doing so at 1-3am didn’t help clarify things either.

Shared a shim that helped me have more confidence in how the linear rails were mounted.

I still don’t have an ideal way to figure out if the frame is square. Have been using my better than nothing framing square through out assembly.

1 Like

Ran it one more time and this time I stood there and made sure none of the wires had any effect on it. I held them in the exact same place for each point so i knew that wouldnt have any effect on the reading…

Measure the diagonals, it is super super accurate. It compounds the error so if it say you are 1mm out you are definitely under 1mm out (I’m not doing trig). I measure the heck out of everything as I go.

Well the tape did show up. The only thing I can say at this point is try the 4 point leveling. Either make a new tray or some sort of cross brace and catch the back two corners. I have never used a bed larger than 200mm so I am assuming it is the bed at this point, you tried everything else. I have some 300 plates here but they seem flat, I see a high corner of 0.25mm but I haven’t checked too hard for edge burs.

I really don’t know what it could be. You tested the plate and it showed flat(did you set it on a glass shelf or anything?), tested the probe, moved the rails, moved the wires, changed the springs.

You can try manually twisting the bed into place? You got some gorilla strength?

Oh one of my printers just stopped let me see how far out it is. Generic $20 3mm thick heated bed that has been around for a long time.

2 Likes

Im guessing its the bed as well. I dont know what else it could be. I have some left over 2020 extrusion i might be able to build a frame under it. I believe i saw someone else do that as well so i will have to go back and find that. Would that take the place of the bed support or go on top??

I don’t think I’m weak but I don’t know about gorilla lol. It is 1/4" thick.

I did not. I don’t think i have a glass shelf that large lol. I do have an Ender 5 Plus with a 350x350 bed on it that might work though. Its just so hard to tell for sure with that magnet for the pei sheet on it.

At this point I have to just assume its the bed. I’m leaving for school in the morning so when I get back Friday evening/Saturday I’ll see what I can come up with for a frame underneath it. At that point hopefully I’ll be ready to cut the rest of the panels and I can just do it all at one time.

What about getting rid of this PEI sheet and getting a glass top for it??? All my other printers have glass on them and the more I use this PEI sheet i remember why I have glass on them LOL. I’m going to look around and see what ole scamazon has for a 310x310 glass bed.

A cross beam would do it.

I just checked mine and I have 0.4mm twist across the back like yours, just not as drastic.

1 Like

You know I do have the “project the mesh” on in marlin. Maybe try getting your rear points closer to the back edge, and do a tighter mesh, 6x6 or 7x7. Maybe it is just projecting it real nasty,

Ok your gonna have to repeat all that in “redneck” English LOL. If you can walk me through how to do that I will for sure give it a shot but I’m Marlin dumb if you remember from earlier in this thread LOL.

Just for SnG I took the glass bed off my CR10S Pro (310x320) and threw it on there just to see what the mesh will look like. I’m expecting it to be exactly the same but figured why not try it.

As expected…No change

Well now that is odd…it should have changed…

In Marlin you would need to recompile with
#define GRID_MAX_POINTS_X 7
#define GRID_MAX_POINTS_Y 7

Even with the glass spring clipped to the bed??

That not changing points to the head moving … WTF could this be

Do not clip it. Let it sit on its own

1 Like

I’m running it again with the bed not clipped. If you think its the head moving after that I’m going to bring her good camera in here and take a video of it and see if we can see it move. I sure cant see it standing there watching it… But that doesnt mean anything LOL

You won’t see it, it would be gradually rotating some across 250mm. A total of 3mm but that is not going to be visible.

What is your Z offset, are you still within the bltouch window ~2.7-4mm?