MP3DP V4 Build - SW Virginia

Agree :100:%

Perfect for fast experimenting, tuning, tinkering. For me, MainSail/Klipper was PITA to setup, but was good learning experience and eventually worth the effort.

On inspection it looks like I did not realize that there were supposed to be pieces of belt locking them in. I swear my carrier does not have room for them.

I will pull it apart and see how stupid I am. You wouldn’t happen to have a H2 carrier done yet would you?

Nope.

Yeas another 4-5 tooth section, or you can actually fold the belt over 4-5 teeth. This is the way for the Z axis top and bottom as well.

Also struggled to shove small 4-5 tooth section of belt in the top side. Bottom was easier. Even with needle nose pliers, it took me a while and much cursing to jam in the small section.

Even considered chamfering slots, and/or removing material blocking pliers from the X carriage part/design to help make belt assembly more accessible.

I put them together, hold them with needle nose, and slide them in together.

2 Likes

My technique/approach was probably not ideal.

Update: Posted 5x sped up video of me assembling CoreXY belts MP3DP v4 - Aza's build - #191 by azab2c

I had a small piece of 6mm belt and got it half way jammed in there. We shall see.

If/When you do one can I ask for a mounting point on top for an EBB36/42 mounting bracket? It can be laid down flat on top and will work great.

That’s why I use RepRap Firmware myself. Klipper seems to have some other advantages, but I haven’t got to them yet.

After the initial config Marlin does let you change most the things you would ever need to change. Don’t get me wrong I am still going to set up a klipper build but I don’t see them being all that different in terms of first use. You still need to get it close on the initial set up and all the motion stuff can be changed on the fly on both. Marlin is definitely behind of initial config ease of use though.

Maybe I try that one on my original Hypercube.

Installed the first of the outside panels! Back panel with hook for the spool mounted to the inside of the machine.

3 Likes

Printing a new X Carrier. I opened the belt slots up a little so they are 1.5mm at the entrance and 2.5 in the area for the small lock pieces.

Printing at .28mm layer height, .4mm nozzle in Inland PLA+ at 100mm/s

2 Likes

Having some issues with the BLTouch. Is anyone else seeing variations between the first and second reading during Z Axis Tilt adjustment? Sometimes it is the exact same and others it can vary. I am not sure if maybe it is interference or something to do with the bed being heated and moving as it heats. I mounted my bed on those silicone space mounts and am thinking about putting springs underneath in the thought that the bed is too constrained when it is heating.

Any thoughts out there?

Try letting the bed settle for 3-4 minutes after reaching operating temp and try again.

Seems some have an issues and some don’t.

Edit: Posted BLTouch/Z-tilt info (including a video) in this post. Hope that helps!

1 Like

It is time for some praise.

As I have gotten a few kinks out and been printing with this printer it may be the finest printer I have used. I own and Ender3 but have built 2 Hypercubes and loved them. This printer uses the lowest part count of any of them and it is just plain old smooth!

Don’t get me wrong. The Hypercubes were ahead of their time but the rails on this one and the auto z Tilt is a game changer.

Just wanted to say thanks to @Ryan for putting the time in on this. Truth be told I built the Hypercubes because I built the original MP3DP when I finished my MPCNC and hated it so much I looked for other options (please dont take offense!).

6 Likes

Added side panels today. Also finalized the mount for the camera. I am not super happy with the camera housing but it will work for now.

Still working on the control panel mounting. I think i have it worked out but need to print it out. Been sidetracked redoing the electronic side of my Hypercube to change over to the Manta M4P and Klipper. Then I bricked my Ender3 doing a Klipper upgrade so I had to redo it.

2 Likes

Heard that many times this weekend.

To be fair, It looked like it was hung up and I shut it off. Not such a good idea. The rebuild was not that big a deal even, imaged a new image and slapped it in. I had the config backed up and just had to verify the MCU address. up and running!

Now the KevinAKASam Belted Z parts are showing up today so I will take it back apart!

1 Like