Moving the business forward

I also dislike Stereo Youtubes, for instance, Bobs CNC. They come back and forth at me. Dont get me wrong, I love hifi, but not for this type of stuff. I also hate when I am watching a video someone steps away from the mic and then back to it. Especially where they are illustrating something. I just turn it up to hear them then BLAM they came back to the mic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will pay you 10000 credits NOT to do another French cleat wall video.

I did a French cleat wall once. ONCE. I never moved the holders around, in 4 years.

Now, I do the Mother of all Toolboards with threaded inserts instead. Standardized spacing means you have the ‘hang wherever’ ability of FC, but you don’t have the wasted wall space with the cleats

1 Like

Haven’t you seen my French Cleat build thread? It’s fucking awesome!!! And I mean it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s why they should be using lab mics- the voice should be at constant level, adjusted in post.

Lol, no.

Link please.

I mean- it’s a strip with a 45, and another strip with a 45. How awesome can it be?

I use brass inserts and I clock my screws. Fancy

/edit: In case you didn’t notice, I really like fingerjoints on everything… :smiley:

2 Likes

But it looks reeeaally nice!

1 Like

Isn’t there enough photo, video, and information on the forum to showcase a primo or lr3 in 20 different color combos, various stages of construction and show projects and tool paths to illustrate what they can make and are capable of (drag races)? For an overview “community sponsored” marketing tool, it might be worthwhile to simply compile something from the galleries. My YouTube skills have plenty of complaints regarding poor audio, so I’m not likely to be nominated brand ambassador, but it might be a fun diversion to give it a try… don’t hold your breath.

I thought so too until I put one up. It didn’t look like something I spent $160 on for Baltic birch

1 Like

I am doing my best to keep an eye out for unique and decent quality videos I can sprinkle throughout the site and shop. If you do decide to make something, make sure to post it here and tag me, so I see it.

1 Like

Maybe have videos for every part so you can see their purpose in action? It does not add anything for a knowing user, but you can then watch a short video of what the touchplate does. Maybe even only a short gif.

1 Like

I have added Darwins touch plate video to the shop page, and I am editing a video now that shows me using it twice. This video is average job, start to finish. That should really clear things up. Time stamps will be added to highlight and link specific sections. I am just kinda stuck playing with all the settings. As I learn I keep changing things to improve it. So I should be done soon, or maybe not but I am still actively working on it.

5 Likes

On the video subject, it will definitely help to have the CNC showing in “unrelated” videos as a useful tool, once people see it, it sparks interest … On my last video mainly about making a board with the MPCNC, with most time not showing the machine, i had a bunch of people asking about it, i sent them all your way :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sometimes you just keep going down that rabbit hole… Started over a few times. Learned a lot, a whole lot. Need to add the text back in. Then add some sort of opening and closing screen or transition.

Oh, and some sort of background noise of some sort.

Sorry, this has been fun but it is tedious. Just when I think I am close, I learn something else.

6 Likes

If I find out anyone edits videos and I hear them complain about CAM…I will ring their necks. There are so many options. This is crazier than CAD, by far, real far.

7 Likes

Yep, will get as deep as you let it. Probably spent as many hours learning/editing and futzing with Premiere as it took to build LR3. No idea how people churn out great content frequently. Curious to see what a professional sequence typically ends up looking like, here’s my mess (many of the longer green clips are nested sequences of clips)…

3 Likes

Lots of regurgitation of previously created video is how I do it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For background noise, Youtube as a free music library, so you’re sure to not run into copyrights issue.
https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary

3 Likes

Still been hacking away at the list.

Rendering out a re-edited video, should be live at some point tomorrow. I will link it here.
No aluminum LR XZ plates anymore, less choices to make for the kits, and a bit less expensive for steel.
More complete LR bundle options…still needs work but less choices.
Updated the new domain, it is live but not public yet.
Have a new shirt design just about ready.
Published a RMRRF update the main page.
Been taking notes for a MP3DP BOM.
Made minor improvements to the MP3DP so I guess we will have aV4.1
updated the docs landing page
A few minor updates all over the docs.
Updated all the milling basics gcode section, separate LR and MPCNC
Peter has been working on a Kiri:moto guide, I just need to add a docs page
Added a few extra screws to the LR kit for board mounting
Made a new TFT case for M5 screws, TEsted, need to add to printables.
Started cleaning and consolidating the shop.

YEAH productive to the max!

11 Likes

Beast mode!

3 Likes