More remixes of Peter H's amazing "Parametric Fenders for the LR3" now on Printables!

This is a continuation of this post here: Parametric Fenders for the LR3 now on Printables!

Huge thanks to @bitingmidge for his selfless work and sharing his amazing designs.

We have several fender remixes posted. If you all see anything that needs attention, please let me know.

https://www.printables.com/model/805777-lowrider-v3-cnc-fenders-various-tall-yz-plates-sto

I’ve done my best to provide file sets for a variety of stock and tall YZ plates, plus the same in combination with my Hidden Belts Mod, plus the same but for “mirrored” LR3 machines like mine. Here’s a list of the file sets provided:

• Fenders, Hidden Belts Mod, stock YZ Plates (see 19mm notes)
  • Fenders, Mirrored LR3, Hidden Belts Mod, stock YZ Plates
  • Fenders for DougDan Tall YZ Plates
  • Fenders for DougDanTall for Hidden Belts Mod
  • Fenders, Mirrored LR3, for DougDanTall for Hidden Belts Mod
  • Fenders for Dan Tall YZ Plates
  • Fenders for Dan Tall for Hidden Belts Mod
  • Fenders, Mirrored LR3, for Dan Tall for Hidden Belts Mod
  • CLIP SPACERS for DanTall & DougDanTall YZ Plate Fenders
  • CLIP SPACERS, set of front clips for Hidden Belts Mod
  • CLIP SPACERS, set of Y-extend clips for Hidden Belts Mod

Peter’s “Clip Spacers” are included to make the fenders adjustable for a variety of thicknesses of YZ plates. Note that for the Hidden Belts Mod, the front spacer has to be 25mm shorter. There is a set of these shorter spacers provided for those doing the Hidden Belts Mod.

That’s pretty cool - it won’t be difficult to modify Dan’s plate to fit these fenders!

I am stupid enough (some might say skilled :rofl: :rofl:) to cut them off in situ with a Japanese pull saw, so there’s no need to remake them if you have a set of Dan’s!

I have already created a new remix of the fender’s for Dan’s (v2) tall YZ plate, and made the remix for Dan’s plates combined with the Hidden Belts Mod.

2 Likes

Humblest apologies. On all the recently posted remixes for the combination of fenders and Hidden Belts Mod, I forgot to put in a notch that is needed on the “Fender - TOP” parts. I am working to fix it. In the meantime, if you have not printed it yet, let me fix it. Or if you already printed, you could manually cut the notch to allow the top fender to not be hindered by the upper standoff of your Y-Extend plates.

I now have the fenders fixed for the

“DougDanTall” plates for Hidden Belts Mod.
“DanTall” plates for Hidden Belts Mod

Working on the others.

Also, I’m aware that my LowRider is mirrored from the normal orientation, so, because the “Y-Extend” fenders are not bi-directional, I am endeavoring to tweak these files so makers with normal LowRiders will be able to use the files as is. Until I get some progress there, it would be advisable to use caution in using the files.

In fact, until I get things sorted out better, I’m going to put the listing in draft status. Sorry, will try to get it all fixed soon.

1 Like

@bitingmidge

OK, I have worked hard to correct and perfect the listing, and have republished it: Printables

I’ve done my best to provide file sets for a variety of stock and tall YZ plates, plus the same in combination with my Hidden Belts Mod, plus the same but for “mirrored” LR3 machines like mine. Here’s a list of the file sets provided:

• Fenders, Hidden Belts Mod, stock YZ Plates (see 19mm notes)
  • Fenders, Mirrored LR3, Hidden Belts Mod, stock YZ Plates
  • Fenders for DougDan Tall YZ Plates
  • Fenders for DougDanTall for Hidden Belts Mod
  • Fenders, Mirrored LR3, for DougDanTall for Hidden Belts Mod
  • Fenders for Dan Tall YZ Plates
  • Fenders for Dan Tall for Hidden Belts Mod
  • Fenders, Mirrored LR3, for Dan Tall for Hidden Belts Mod
  • CLIP SPACERS for DanTall & DougDanTall YZ Plate Fenders
  • CLIP SPACERS, set of front clips for Hidden Belts Mod
  • CLIP SPACERS, set of Y-extend clips for Hidden Belts Mod

If you see any mistakes I’ve made, please let me know.

1 Like

Thx alot for your Hard work :beer::tropical_drink: