Mini-Rambo and Rambo

Why are these not available and does anyone know when they might be ??? Mini-Rambo. And Rambo. Boards

I will no longer be carrying the Mini rambo becuase it is only 4 drivers and both CNC’s have transitioned to 5 driver setups.

I do not currently have any Rambo’s on order the last one sold today. I am not sure if I will be ordering more.

Why are you not interested in the SKR Pro?

In case you aren’t familiar with Ryan, that is a genuine question. He isn’t trying to sell you something you don’t want. He is trying to decide if there is an unknown motivation for carrying them.

Hello guys. Thanks for your mail. Even though I’ve taken on many very difficult projects over the years, this one I am totally in the dark. All this is totally Greek to me. I was hoping I could buy a board that is basically plug and play and someone suggested I get a Rambo 1.4. I have a MPCNC and mini Rambo 1.3
I bought the laser tree 4LDS ver. 2 laser with its own board also. Is there something I can buy that would basically work out of the box or am I dreaming lol. I plan on buying LightBurn. I’ve used photoshop, Corel, signlab, and others for years. The reason I’m so ignorant of the electronics on my MPCNC is because I built the machine but I was in the hospital and a friend did all the wiring and setup for me. I came home and he said push this button and that one and start engraving. Unfortunately my buddy has died and I don’t know anyone that even what cnc means !!

Hello Ryan. Is the SKR Pro what I need ? Does it come with wiring diagram. I have ordered the Laser Tree 4LDS ver. 2 head for my MPCNC. I would like to buy this board from u if it will work for me. Thanks. Bob

LOL because I don’t even know what that is !

The SKR Pro boards come with firmware installed, so you will need to specify your setup when you order. If you are currently using a Mini-Rambo, then you will have serial wiring and need serial firmware.
Note that upgrading firmware on the SKR Pro is easier than the Rambo since all you have to do is put the firmware on an SD card and plug it into the board.

In your other topic, I suggested the Rambo board since the SKR Pro is a bit more work to setup. In particular, you will need to bend some pins and install the drivers. You can look at this page for setup instructions to see if the setup of this board is something you are comfortable doing.

Note when I gave you advice on your other forum topic, I thought you said you had a Rambo 1.3 board, not a Mini-Rambo 1.3. Big difference both with the laser hookup and the firmware. Given the age of your machine, I thought you had an older version of the full Rambo board.

As for your laser, laser hookup is PC9 on the SKR Pro. The one potential issue is the PWM voltage. I don’t know if PC9 is a 5V pin. It may be a 3.3V pin. Your laser specifications indicate a 5V PWM. Usually, devices that require 5V PWM will work on 3.3V PWM.

If the PWM input of the laser expects TTL logic signal then you should be OK as the high value is in the range of 5 to 2 V

I’ve done several Arduino projects mixing 3.3V boards with 5V boards, and I’ve never had an issue with a 5V board reading a 3.3V pin. But, I did not want Robert to spend the money for a new board to get a “plug-and-play” solution only to have it not work because of this issue. There are fixes, especially since the SKR Pro has 5V available on the board, but that would not make the solution plug-and-play.

I get what you are saying. Yes there are solutions for that but if it’s possible to go without adding another module or solution in the middle the better.

What happened to the board that was on it, why are you trying to get a new one?

Well…not sure how to phrase this without discouraging you.
Adding a laser is a tiny bit more complicated.
The firmware is setup for a laser now, on the new boards. The skr will work fine. I have a few mini’s here but I have not tested the laser with them. The new firmware will work out of the box with your series wiring, so yes it is kinda plug and play.

These are the steps to actually set it up, bend the pins, move some jumpers, pull off some shields, and plug in the wires.

If any of this is really worrisome to you. Upload some pictures here and we can walk you through it all. Take your time, do not get frustrated, ask all the questions you need (preferably only one or two at a time so it is easily digestible).

Robert you need to reply in the forums. I am seeing direct emails from you getting deleted. The system is not set up for email replies.

It happened again.

The “visit topic” blue button should bring you here directly.