Measuring AXIS on table LR3

If you want to resize your drawing, you have to click on dxf.

1 Like

I’ve tried selecting DXF and I still cannot independently resize length or width without the percentage value “F” changing the opposite value automatically??
Very confused to how I can resize

Pull the drawing into Inkscape, do your re-proportioning there.

Dxf files are supposed to be precise already. You can do a % change, but they are usually used as design drawings.

If you convert to .SVG then Estlcam will let you specify an X and Y size, since the .SVG is supposed to be more malleable

2 Likes

I was just tuning it in that exact program,thanks yall

Hey to all good morning,
Quick question I took my table measurements (y) axis and now to plug it in the tool for cutting to strengthen the gantry.
I’m just not certain in this image what.needs to be subtracted out on my original.
Y-Axis is simply just measured 47.125"

Good morning. You mentioned “in this image” but there was no image attached.

I had the same idea about that option, untill I tried it too, and it did nothing :laughing:

Solved ! Sorry but everytime I hit download it’s sending me to a page that doesn’t exist (404 error message).
How do I fix this issue or matter

The X axis you have highlighted in the image, is a reference to how long the conduits/tubes need to be for the X axis.

The overall minimum width of the table (X-axis) is shown at the bottom of the image.

If I am misunderstanding your question, hopefully you can restate it for me.

Are you looking at this page?

https://docs.v1e.com/lowrider/#flat-parts

It looks different for me than your image shows.

@DougJoseph if you look at the strut files, there is a pre-built one for 2’ and for 4’, for other sizes it says to go to the calculator page, which seems not to be working.

713.91mm strutplate.zip (9.4 KB)

I put one modification of the 4 foot strut plate (8 braces) in this .zip, and one of my parametric one with 6 braces as well. Mine just has oval cutouts instead of the fancy cross braces but maybe the 6 brace count works better.

Edit, I’ll try to edit the 2’ V1 version as well. Done, and updated the .zip file

1 Like

Got it. Thanks!

Still I believe that this will shorten my able size making the lines not meet up correctly, because my x axis is actually; X AXIS(533.9mm) & my Y Axis is (897mm) I’ve tried adjusting the size on estle cam but i was unsuccessful

thye strut and the beam that it bolts on to must be longer than the usable X axis. If you shorten the strut to 533.91mm you will shorten the usable X axis span.

The beam (and strut) span the whole length that is usable. The LR3 core must ride on that beam. It cannot go the same distance as the whole beam, it must leave room for itself,

So if you want 533.9mm of usable length then you need the 714mm length beam. That means that your tubes have to be cut 714mm long, and the strut needs to also be that long.

Now, on top of that, making the height of the strut 60.58mm like that will mean that it isn’t going to fit on the braces, as those absolutely require that the strut be 80mm across. Otherwise, there is no point in cutting it at all.

So

Is 533.91mm the desired usable width (X dimension) that you are aiming for?

If so, you want to cut that strut with the dimensions that I created the file for.

If not, then what dimension are you trying to fit that you keep trying to alter this for? Is it the width of your table? If so, then we need to know what it is so that we can help you.
usable size

1 Like

Just Remeasured; from end to end 28" onto the centre of the screw whole

The length of the steel tubes or conduit is more useful.

28" is 711.2mm, plus 15mm (for the thickness of the brace) is 726.2mm, so that is the size that you need. I don’t have the CAD open right now, but I should be able to manage that.

In the meantime, if you could verify the overall length of your steel tubes, that is a more useful measurement, as that is what the overall length of the strut plate must match.

I had assumed that you had matched the size that you were attempting to download before.

Now from what I see the calculator comes up with a rail (and strut) length of 714mm for a usable X axis of 533.9mm which is neither the size you requested, nor does it match with the size that you have measured above. Please provide the actual correct size, and I can provide you with .DXF files that are correct for the parts that you are trying to cut.

1 Like

For the steel tube is what I have mentioned before I done Remeasuring in the last post you quoted in (mm ) x tube 533.9 mm

LR3 calculator has SVG files generated to the nearest millimeter.

So, can edit dimensions to nearest mm will enable downloading.

Strut length = Usable Length + 180mm

If your Strut length is 534mm then would be able to download from…

https://docs.v1e.com/lowrider/lr3_strut/svg_0/lr3-strut-plate-variable_534.svg

Hope that helps, cheers!

1 Like

My Imternet has been out for the past 72 hours. I can use my phone, but can’t start Fusion (It’s insisting that Iog in on my computer.)

So that is the length of the X beam then? The total length of the steel tubes that your X axis is made from?

2 Likes

X Tube is 723.9 mm
Apologies