Matt's MP3DP Repeat Build

Okay hopefully this helps a bit.
https://docs.v1engineering.com/mp3dp/repeatassm/#skr-wiring

1 Like

Yes that does help! So the terminal next to Bed Power is actually an output for the bed heat? I notice that in the picture of your wiring you are not actually utilizing that terminal at all.

Yeah that was just before I plugged in the bed. That is always the last thing I plug in.

2 Likes

The wires from the gantry are coming up just a bit short. Unfortunate. Especially the blue hotend wires from the Hemera, are these extendable? I am worried to cut these

Extending the wires is a pain, but yes, they can be done.

Before you do that though, see if rotating the SKR board 180Ā° would make the difference.

If notā€¦ I would most likely just use a barrel crimp, or the heat-shrink solder rings to add on some silicone insulated wire. The braided fiber insulation is good for right near the heat source, but at the board end it isnā€™t needed, and regular insulation is perfectly good. I might choose to go with a heavier gauge for the extension, just to keep resistance low. Maybe 14-16AWG wire. 18AWG at the lightest.

The thermistor and fan wiring is pretty simple and can be extended with some light duty 20-22AWG wire easily enough. Same with the motor wiring, actually. The motor wiring and thermistor will need JST or DuPont connectors, so thatā€™s annoying, but not too bad.

Thanks Dan! I just flipped it 180deg and now going to continue and see if things will reach now. Hope to not need to extend anything now

1 Like

Next question. I am looking at @vicious1 wiring and he has something plugged into Heat 1. I know the Hotend goes into Heat 0 and the heated bed goes into power terminal block. So what is Heat 1?

That was a mistake, for some reason I plugged the bed in thereā€¦itā€™s fixed now but I have not updated the picture.

1 Like

Gotchya! Thanks for the clarification

Alright guys. I just finished wiring everything up. I got the wiring as neat as my sanity will allow me, so I called it good.

I plugged in the power and flipped the switch and here is what I got. Just three orange power lights in the middle of the board and that was it. Itā€™s hard to see here but there is also a very faint light on the left edge where the motor drivers are, whatever that means. I did put the firmware file in the SD card and I have the card in so I was expecting some green lights indicating the board was flashed. But nothing. Whatā€™s wrong here?

4 Likes

Check the SD card. It should change the file firmware.bin to firmware.cur if it flashed. (No reason why it shouldnā€™t.) It doesnā€™t take long.

The power wires on the bottom should go +, -, +, -, +. -, + - The third set in (Bed power) looks backwards to me. Bed power OUT probably doesnā€™t matter much, but the MOSFET for the bed isnā€™t going to like reversed polarity.

Editā€¦ my eyes are crooked. Nevermind, mine looks the same

Hmmmm. Still says firmware.bin

Your BL touch is wired wrong.

If you still have issues verify the endstops are wired properly. The power wires on them can really mess things up. Power ground signal all need to be right or the board will not boot.

If you power it on you can trigger them to verify the light works on the endstops. When it is flashed the board will also get a red light when triggered.

Does the BL touch just need to be flipped or is the JST configuration wrong? When I flip it I notice there is a red wire now on GND, which conventionally isnā€™t correct. Perhaps the wire colors donā€™t mean anything here.

I have it listed on that diagram I made. The three stay there and two go to the Zmin. Ground is sensitive on that thing as well.

I see that its split 3 and 2 now. But now iā€™m confused by your labels. Positive goes to ground? If I knew which color wire went to what pin that would help alot. I am looking this up online and all the pictures I see have all 5 pins used on the one header. I cannot find an example of this exact scenario

This one is mine. Itā€™s a clone, but the wore colour matches the docs Iā€™ve read.

Black and white are ground and signal on the Z_MIN endstop line.

Hereā€™s another angle showing the pin labels

Oh dang that must be backwards. The board labels are right. power ground signal and the white and black go to Z min, black is ground there as well.